I am thinking about going to look at a Cat (think its really a DJB) 22DB off road truck. Have not been able to find much information on these, sounds like it is a lighter version of the D25? Would it still have a 3306? What is the difference between this and a D25? I am thinking it is late 70s, just looking for any info, good or bad. Thank you.
I know it’s been a few years but did you end up buying the D22? I just bought one and looking for any insights, specifically looking for a parts book. I seee lot of D25B,D25C but no straight D25 or D22. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What is the Serial Number.?
Thanks for a reply! See attached photo of the serial tag.
I can't see anything used for sale anywhere. They often pop up on the eBay UK web site because DJB trucks were built there, but nothing at this moment. You can download a Parts Manual for $124 from the Cat Pubs web site. Put SEBP8407 in the box and click the Search button. It covers 22DB-prefix machines from 3442-4810, which includes yours.
Perfect and Thank you! I don’t mind spending the money to have all the manuals for the machine and I like the parts books as references when disassembling/reassembly.
Here's a link to a Service Manual for sale on eBay covering a similar range of Serial Numbers to the Parts Manual mentioned previously in case you don't already have one.
Thank you! I did pay Cat for the parts manual and bought the service manual from Ebay. Last question hopefully, but according to the service manual the D22 uses the CAT 980B transmission. I cannot locate the disassembly and assembly instructions for the 980B transmission. I bought the 980B service manual and it goes into testing and specification for the transmission but no disassembly & assembly procedures. Wondering if Cat doesn't want owners to go into those powershift tranmssions? I looked through the below Cat reference doc REG 01188 and nothing about the transmission disassembly/reassembly is mentioned.
If it was a paper version you bought maybe it was incomplete.? Sections go missing over the years so they often are. See attached.
I bought an electronic copy of it. You supplied exactly what I was missing. Can’t thank you enough! Truck runs great just missing 1st gear so I’m hoping it’s just clutch pack 6 that need to be replaced!
Those were only a couple of the sections in REG01188. If you want anything else just ask.
Interesting. Would you mind attaching the rest? I tried finding that manual but I’m failing to find it.
I'm not sure how much of it you really need. REG01188 covers D&A of all the powertrain components fitted to a 980B wheel loader such as axles, diffs, final drives, torque converter, etc, etc, none of which you have. My offer was more along the lines of if you find something that you need for the transmission D&A not covered by those extracts I uploaded earlier I would go back and have another root around to see what else was available.