Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat E series excavators

bigkit ยท 2011-10-30 09:57

Has anyone seen a new E series? My local rep says they're pricing them up but it is not officially launched yet and there are no brochures to see. I'm in the market for new 13 tonner and was thinking of a brand change. Hitachi's have always been my prefference to date. I would welcome any feedback. Thanks

Replies16
  1. #1ih1002011-10-30 10:31

    Don't know about the smaller machines, but the 329E is awesome.

  2. #2bigkit2011-10-30 10:36

    Thanks, now I know there's and E model out there I'll look it up. Ta

  3. #3Porter2011-11-01 20:26

    You can see current brochures on the Cat website. The 315 has not been updated as the "E" machines are IT4 compliant engines and the smaller horsepower engines have until next year. That being said, I would advise that if you want a new machine buy one now before IT4 emissions.

  4. #4pwrstroke6john2011-11-02 16:31

    Nothing that small, but we had 336E onsite this summer to demo.

  5. #5bigkit2011-11-02 17:43

    Thanks for the feedback so far. I've been doing some research..........they seem to look really bulky to me, the back end almost covers the rear window! Not sure I like it.

  6. #6wpnsx2012-09-26 22:08

    Powerstroke6john. You mentioned you had a 336E for demo. How did the machine perform?

  7. #7AlloaExcavating2012-09-26 22:47

    Ive seen 349E. 336 E, 329E, 320 E, and 320ELRR. Ran the lRR and was very impressed. The *** end looks huge, but the machine is very responsive, and powerful. Nothing that makes me want to sell my hitachis and go cat tho...

  8. #8wpnsx2012-09-27 04:32

    Interesting, what is main reason for your love of the Hitachi's? How do you find them on fuel? Yes, the Cat *** is rather large. Is the *** more of an appearance thing or do you place rear visibilty of high importance for a 20t size machine?

  9. #9pwrstroke6john2012-09-28 19:18

    We had the machine onsite for a short period, but I was impressed with how quick the machine was. It was easily faster then the other D's that were onsite.

  10. #10Vern B2012-09-30 23:11

    Pwrstroke6john I see a DoMor 707 in your list of machines. Didn't realize anyone from Texas would even know what that machine was, let alone own one. I live in the area of Michigan where those machines were built for the past 35 years. I sold for Cat for 25 years and the family that built the DoMor's were in the excavating business and were one of my customers. for many years. The DoMor is no longer being built, but another customer produces an upgraded version of the 707. Just curious how you came about owning the machine and your history with it? I assume you have the grading blade on the back?

  11. #11CAT349ELR2012-11-25 08:04

    Our new CAT 336 E LRE Next week my CAT 349 E LRE

  12. #12DEMLONE702012-11-25 08:21

    Where is the pic taken ?

  13. #13CAT349ELR2012-11-25 09:05

    Kruibeke

  14. #14Lee-online2012-11-25 10:21

    Has anyone seen the 349F yet? I know it's Tier 4 final but was wondering what else is different.

  15. #15CM19952012-11-25 16:51

    Anyone ran a 320EL or 320ELRR enough to form an opinion? I am considering doing a finance lease on one if work continues to pick up. I am not really keen on all the new emissions hardware and the associated maintenance, as well as the huge rear end Cat decided to put on the E's. I know the emission equipment is here to stay and we'll all adapt eventually but I just don't like being a guinea pig with my hard earned money.

  16. #16heymccall2012-11-28 11:14

    I have a 336E with 1500 hrs now, and no troubles. As for the 320, I have a 320DLRR, and you couldn't pry my operator away from it. He put 19k hours on a 322BL, 4k on a 324DL (a CAT field follow unit wearing 322CL stickers) , and 2k on a 325CLCR, and still, his favorite for balance, power, and cab sizing, is the 320DLRR. It is miles ahead of the 321CLCR we have in performance and comfort.