Hello everyone, I was running my E120B today and all of a sudden when I would move any of the hydraulics it has a vibration at the pumps. I then notice that the right track is moving about %50 slower then the left track. It also seems like it doesn't have the power that it us to. Any guesses?????? Thanks.
Sounds like I could switch the two main hoses off the main pump and see if the right outside pump is getting weak/bad. I guess if I switch it and the left track acts like the right one did, then the pump is bad If the right one still acts up, then I guess it could be the turret joint/seal. It still doesn't make since why the boom/bucket/stick vibrates when they are being operated. Someone told me that if the turret joint seals are going out, then this effects all the hydraulics. Hummmmm
Sounds to me like you lost a piston on one side of that pump, or you have a bearing going out, or both. just a guess. If you do pull hoses keep a sharp eye for gold or silver metal, if you see any don't run it any more, start pulling components to find the source. I'm not a CAT expert, but in my experience the swivel joint won't affect the digging functions unless you're trying to track at the same time.
pull the hydraulic filter (big return one) and cut it open to look for pump parts
Excellent suggestion!
Sounds like a good idea. Does the swing/boom/stick/bucket all run with both pumps combined?
I talked to some cat guys and they said they think the coupler from the engine to the pumps is going out. I also notice that the hydraulic cylinder for the bucket is running slower then normal. I took the filter out and I didnt see anything for shavings.....
Don't run it until you have checked filters, you might be lucky and avoid a big dollar repair. Case drain filter usually tell the tale first so pull that and cut it open.
Is that the filter that is in the pump compartment that is bolted to the side of the hydrualic tank. Looks like a normal metal oil filter?
HELP! I just got the call from the cat dealer and they say it is going to be 8 grand. They are going to rebuild the pump and replace the drive coupler. They will flush the system and put new filters and oil in. Is this price seem reasonable???????
Reasonable? No. Typical? Probably. You could call around and ask what it would cost at another CAT dealer or an independent shop. There may be exchange rebuilt pumps available of the shelf cheaper than having CAT rebuild it. But if the dealer has your machine in his shop, it might be a little late to switch horses? Good luck!
Well, I took a look at the pump and coupler and the Cat shop last night. The coupler is completely gone. They actually had to drill and tap out one of the cogs in the flywheel. No rubber is even there. Then he showed me all the brass filings he found in the front pump. I know there is an update to the pump and if you go with the updated pump you have to get the front and rear pump with the pilot pump. So, the 8000 dollars is for all the labor, the new pilot/front/rear pump assembly with warranty. Also includes new fluid and filters with a 20 hour "kidney" oil service. This is were after 20 hours of running the new pump, they take a filtering system and hook it up to the excavator and run all the fluid through a series of filters while operating the machine. This is just in case there is still some brass floating around in the main valve/cylinders/drives. The mechanic said it was close to were the pump was going to "explode" internally. Thus having to take apart and flush each component. They said they just got done servicing a 330 that had the pump explode, was a 80k service bill.