Hello, got a cat e120b here, had it well over a year now clearing my property. I’ve replaced the radiator water pump and t stat and zero issues until now. The machine would track slow and had trouble turning unless I pushed the bucket down to swing, I believe after reading other posts, sounds like I should reseal the swivel joint? The newest issue I have and it just happened out of the blue is, my right track will both go forward and reverse and my left track will only go reverse, no longer forward track function work. Does this sound like a stuck valve? Or out of adjustment? I finally have a free weekend to look into this issue further
Any noises or leaks in the final drive how's the year oil level and hydraulic fluid level now old now many hours
Is the swivel making any noise when you pick up the track under no load will it go forward and reverse
Some machines have what they call a case filter on the track drive motor that filters the hydraulic fluid it's got a brass messed filter inside it collects any debris if plugged could cause restrictions of fluid pressure
No noises in the final drive and not a single leak anywhere on the machine. It’s got 5200 hrs and I’ve put 200 on it since owning it. The hydraulic fluid still looks new, it was drained and replaced last year right before I purchased it. Oil level is full. I’m unsure of the year, serial no is 7NF04809
No new noise since I’ve owned it, I tried picking up that side under no load and same symptoms, reverse works just fine and still no forward
Does it have the case filter in the line hydro line in track motor behind the final drive
I will have to look tomorrow, I’m unsure and don’t have any manuals for this machine Thanks
I'm in your place except I have too remove the whole final drive and rebuid bearings and seals blew out the hydro fluid in a 10 minute move
A leak is a good thing I'd park it on clean ground and look on the ground tommorow
Manuals for your machine are as follows: - XEBP9919 - Parts Manual. Here's a new one on eBay SENR5420 - Service Manual. Should include an Operation & Maintenance Manual if it is complete.
Well as stupid as it sounds, got it working today, I’ve been using the sticks as the pedals were just too stiff even after lubing them up. One stick had broken right at the welds not allowing it to engage pushed forward all the way, yet still able to pull back. I’ll be digging into the pedals seeing if I can free them better, so I can track it down to my welder. So I guess I just gotta figure out the slow turning and one track moves slower than the other. I’m leaning towards the swivel joint needing new seals, can anyone chime in on this? Thanks for all the help
Attached the Parts list and R&I instructions for the swivel if you decide to get into it. The R&I is not for your particular machine but should be good enough to serve as a guide.