Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT E70B no hydraulics on one side, swing brake won’t release

cpearson1342 ยท 2020-06-22 11:04

I would just like to start by thanking you guys, because I never would have gotten as far as I have without the hydraulic systems operation manual that was posed on this website. I'm working on an e70b that my boss bought, the previous owner replaced the engine and basically didn't hook anything up, and also hooked up many of the hydraulic lines to the main control valves wrong. I've fixed most of them, but still a few that need to be moved. I need to know if there's anything that would cause the rear pump to not produce pressure, other than it being bad. I know there's a control hose that is hooked up, and when I swap the main hoses I get hydraulics to the other side, left track, stick, swing makes noise, etc. instead of only the right track, boom and bucket. Just to be clear the front pump is producing pressure no issue on either side when it is swapped. My other issue is the swing brake will not release, we put hydraulic fluid in the swing motor for now, just because there was nothing in there and the filler was left open. I have tried jumping the solenoid and I can see there is pressure going to the swing brake release, but is not releasing. I'm assuming it's rusted and won't release, but if anyone can give me any more insight or picture of what the mechanism looks like, I would greatly appreciate it.

Replies3
  1. #1cpearson13422020-06-22 11:06

    Also the excavator is about 1 hour and 45 minutes away so I can't really go back and forth to check anything quickly

  2. #2sergioasmi2020-06-22 13:25

    you have the Hydraulic diagram?

  3. #3cpearson13422020-06-23 00:57

    Yes, I have the hydraulic system service manual with the diagrams