Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat el240b excator won’t swing

k57638 · 2019-05-29 19:57

My excavator started having issues with the swing, it would intermittently stop swinging. If I shut it off for a while it would then work for a short period of time. It has now stopped completely. It seems like it wants to swing but the brake is stuck. The switch in the cab is in the correct position and the hydraulic levels seem to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions. The Cat dealer Is 2 hours drive and I can't haul it with the stick out to the side. Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies1
  1. #1Bls repair2019-05-31 21:25

    I can think of two things that would stop from swinging swing break won’t release or something broke or Jammed in swing gear box. If you have a house lock pin you may be able pull swing motor and move house buy hand and lock it. This must be done on flat level ground to keep machine from moving when you pick bucket off the ground.