Earlier I made a post about a LED or bulb not working on the operator monitor panel on my cat 943 loader. This loader has the Cat 3204 engine. How can I hook up a manual or electronic oil pressure gauge to this engine. Surely somewhere there is a port or fitting I can tap into. Any suggestions?
I did a bit of looking and it appears the oil pressure sender/switch is mounted in the side of the cylinder head right off not sure where on the head. But going by the wiring schematic it should have a plug connecting to it that has two wires going into the harness a Black wire with the number 201 on it and a gray wire with 405 printed on it. Hope that give you something to go by. If you could use a wiring schematic click over to the left on my name and then "Start a Conversation" then give me an email address to send the PDF file to. The one for that machine is not as easy to use as some of the newer ones but not too bad!
See his other thread. A simpler solution might be to get the EMS panel working as it should do.......
That is one of the problems when people start more than one thread for basically the same problem or same machine, gets difficult to know what has been done or suggested testing! I was thinking more along the lines that he was just wanting to confirm he had good engine oil pressure to feel safe starting it while doing troubleshooting and not permanently by-passing the warning system.
Warning systems, Who needs Warning systems!!! Can state for a fact have seen more engines destroyed as someone did not care to fix warning lamps or unplugged buzzers.
Don't know if it's the same but on my 931B with a 3204 the hour meter works off an oil pressure switch mounted on the right side of the block near the back. Would be easy to tap into that to check oil pressure or hook up a gauge. Of all the gauges not to work, the hour meter would have the least consequences. Oil pressure the most.
There should be a hook up for an oil pressure gauge on the left side of the engine as well. I just remembered because I replaced the cheap nylon line with a rubber hose when I put a new oil pressure gauge on.
HeavyEquipmentForums See post #14