Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat ET

Mike L · 2025-07-07 19:28

was working on a weiler 457 feller buncher today with the 9.3 engine. Had a high soot load code. connected to it and I have zero ability to read anything regen related. Found out later on that it is a tier 5 engine which I know nothing about. My version of ET only found the ecm. No acm, hydraulic control module. My version of ET is a bootleg version. Could this be the reason I can’t see anything besides the ecm? Is there anything I can do to read that data?

Replies12
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-07-07 20:20

    What year is your et perhaps its too old

  2. #2MarshallPowerGen2025-07-08 01:37

    Yep, even if bootleg what version are you running? 2023C?

  3. #3Mike L2025-07-08 04:03

    I’m not sure what year the version is but I think i got it in 2021?

  4. #4MarshallPowerGen2025-07-09 00:26

    That's more than likely the issue, there are far newer (bootleg) versions available.

  5. #5Deimos2025-07-09 00:58

    CAT ET 2019 should be enough to diagnose and force the regeneration of the particulate filter. But in some cases, the factory password is required

  6. #6Deimos2025-07-09 01:00

    Other ECM units will likely require Weiler software.

  7. #7Mike L2025-07-09 18:24

    How hard is it to get weiler software?

  8. #8Deimos2025-07-09 21:51

    Some Weiler machines are equivalent to Caterpillar machines. Write the machine serial number and the engine serial number.

  9. #9JD955SC2025-07-10 18:31

    I think they use Danfoss Plus + 1 software for the machine side electronics

  10. #10Mike L2025-07-10 18:43

    Is that easily available or is it like everything cat related and you need written permission from Jesus Christ himself to get it?

  11. #11DDoug2025-07-12 12:58

    Maybe I can do it.....for the first 6 years of my life, I thought my name was Jesus Christ.....

  12. #12Mike L2025-07-12 18:26

    Hahahahaha!