Guys, I'm a newbie to using CAT ET, and I have a question, Do you guys clear the logged faults for the machine in question? On the last machine I worked on there was no current faults with the machine running, and it was logging no further faults so I left the logged faults so if the machine did encounter a fault in the future the logged faults might leave some help with diagnosing etc. Cheers
We always clear Logged Diagnostic Codes every PM, but before we do we run a "Product Status Report" which is then filed in the history of the machine. That keeps a record of previous Diagnostic Codes and helps the guys doing the next PM because they know that all the Diagnostic Codes that are logged have been generated in the time period since the previous PM. Note: To run a PSR go to the main screen of ET when you're connected to a machine, click on "File", the select "Reports" from the list, and click on "Product Status Reports" from the drop-down box that appears.
Cheers Nige, I'll try out your advice next time I'm on ET.
Kent, If you want to PM me with an e-mail address I have a nice presentation on the Product Status Report I could send to you.