Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat ET system

DieselFit ยท 2026-02-15 23:56

Does anyone know if you can make an older 317-7485 communicator work with the new 457-6114 14 pin connector cable? I have tried what I thought is the latest firmware in the ET toolkit, but I still don't get power when I connect to a 950M. The later 478-0235 communicator works but I don't own that.

Replies4
  1. #1Vexu2026-02-16 05:31

    Hello, mine is working fine. Just checked it is 7485 and have been using with 982M which needs this new type cable. My ET and adapters are not from CAT so can't compare to a original system.

  2. #2DieselFit2026-02-16 15:33

    Mine isn't genuine either. It's been working without fault for several years now, but won't work on the 14 pin. Mine was a wifi unit, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I'll just order another adapter for the newer machines. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3evelinak2026-09-16 00:15

    thanks for the information!

  4. #4evelinak2026-09-16 03:11

    thanks for the information!