Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat excavator

jook24 ยท 2015-04-18 22:28

thinking about looking at a cat excavator has 17000 hrs is that lots of hrs. think it might of had a brush mower on it to acording to pictuers i seen.just wondering if it has much left or would it be ready for rebuild in the pictuers it looks good for the year 1999.I have a 315 1997 13000hrs. been real good don't use oil or leaks. thanks for any advice

Replies2
  1. #1ddigger2015-04-19 11:13

    I just retired a 1995 330l with just shy of 25.000 hours on it, motor has never been touched and it still runs fine and uses no oil between service. Depending on the undercarriage and general condition I`m sure there are several good yrs left in it.

  2. #2jook242015-04-19 11:49

    thanks for the info thought it should still have some left if it had regular matenance.Its about 8 hr. drive to look at so some advice is always good.