Hi guys We just bought a 2017 Cat 308 excavator at an auction and now we get randomly an error code E237 "machine overloaded " . The machine looks pretty new work no leaks whatsoever. And there is no load at all but still we get that error every few minutes. Any ideas or suggestions please? Thanks
A good place to start would be with a Serial Number.......... Are you seeing Error Code E237-2 or E237-3.?
I've seen some gray market machines coming into North America now from Europe. Lots more safety stuff like load locks on these machines. I don't know how much support is coming in with them.
The serial number is CAT0308ELFJX09142 Attached you can see the error im getting.
Very little info available I'm afraid. Do you get any warning lights and/or the buzzer when this message appears.? As a check make sure that all the warning lights work and the buzzer sounds when you first turn on the key. The only other thing I can suggest is to check the electrical connections on the boom cylinder pressure sensor and its wiring harness. #14 on the illustration below.
Hi Nige Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will have a look at it whenever I get to the machine. I will keep you posted. Glad to see helpful people like you here. Have a great day
You could try temporarily disconnecting the sensor, especially if the alarm is sounding when the bucket is not loaded if I understand your OP correctly. According to the electrical schematic the "Overload Warning" is an Attachment, an optional extra in other words. The connector below marked "L-C2" will be the one on (or right next to) the sensor. CONN 6 on the other end of the illustrated wiring harness is located inside the machine. It might pay you to also check that connector.
Turn the overload warning button off
Where is that button please? I can't find it.
#15 in the illustration below.?
yes
These are the buttons I have. Can't see that one though.
I just want back to your OP and noticed that the machine came from an auction. The Serial Number you gave shows it to be a 308E Series II, but the RH console doesn't look that modern. Do you have a photo of the Serial Number plate and maybe a couple showing the rest of the machine.?
Hi Sorry for the long wait. I just got to the machine. I have attached the serial number photo. BTW, I followed DemLone70's advice and found the button. I switched it off and the alarm disappeared. What should I do now please? Thanks
Where did you find that button? Leave it switched off... or see Nige's comments above (post #7)