Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat excavator problem

Wayne Duff ยท 2016-06-18 19:37

Catterpillar E120 B excavator (Mitsubishi) slew is very slow unless I introduce a nother function at the same time then it picks up to normal speed also left hand track has no power unless you are using the right track at the same time can anyone give me some much needed guidance on this topic Regards wayne

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2016-06-19 03:42

    Did the problem start suddenly or has it been getting slowly worse..? Have you re-sealed the swivel recently..?

  2. #2pemimasi2016-06-19 08:35

    hello. i want to know how i make a travel alarm in cat 345 b thanks

  3. #3Wayne Duff2016-06-20 01:34

    The problem come on suddenly at the same time both LH track and slow slew thanks nige

  4. #4Nige2016-06-20 03:25

    Usually travel issues point to the swivel joint, but the fact your symptoms started suddenly as opposed to a gradual decline in performance means probably not, but a worn swivel might not be helping things. I'm not sure if these excavators have a resolver network in the main control valve, if they do the fact you have to operate another function to make the slow one work at full speed is usually indicative of a stuck valve in the resolver network. What we need now is someone who has access to a hydraulic schematic for the machine.

  5. #5Wayne Duff2016-06-20 06:37

    Thanks nige I will chase up a workshop manual that has a schematic of hydrolics Regards wayne

  6. #6cancrusher12016-06-22 02:55

    That is perfect Cat excavator problem, i have also using it.

  7. #7Wayne Duff2016-06-22 05:55

    The left hand track and slow slew on your machine

  8. #8Nige2016-06-22 07:16

    Ignore him Wayne, he's a spammmer. From your other thread did you send Ksh a PM indicating your email address so that he could send the Hydraulic Schematic to you..?

  9. #9Wayne Duff2016-06-22 08:02

    Yes I did

  10. #10kshansen2016-06-22 11:48

    The "Check", I mean the "Schematic" is in the mail! Sorry I was slow getting it out was out mowing the lawn this morning!