I looked at a bucket quick change today on a Cat 315C, serial number 315CLCJCO2331, that is not working. It looks like an electrical problem but apparently this was an add on and the service manual does not cover it. It looks like who ever installed it should have chosen a different occupation so I will probably have to just re-wire the whole works. I would assume that there were schematics that came with the kit and am wondering if anyone has any such thing and would be able to help me out. Thanks.
Good day Do you have any idea which of the makers it is? Kind regards Uffex
Caterpillar
Good day Excavator Im not 100% sure but don't Cat buy that in from a third party maybe Nige can put us right. Kind regards Uffex
This is kind of funny but I looked at that machine in 2016. I might have an old inspection report on. I'll check tomorrow morning to see if I can find it.
That is funny, small world. This machine has a wedge type quick coupler on it but is all plumbed for the hydraulics. The owner bought a cylinder ect. thinking that was all it needed. But the electrical is a rats nest, I can probably figure it out but thought a schematic would speed things up.
I sent you a copy of the report from back then. The thumb had the manual wedge on it then. I'd send you are schematic if I had one. Good Luck
24v supply>>>switch>>>solenoid ..................................>>>buzzer
Most of those were done at the dealer level and the local dealer used kits from HKX. Depending the guy installing the kit in the shop, they could be done using the wiring in the machine or installing all new wiring. Some customers didn't want to pay extra for what was already in the machine and the functions were disconnected. As Excavator says "it will take some digging."