Any thoughts on F model pavers
Not a fan, overly complicated and trying to make a Vogel which I also don't care for. Switched to roadtec after the D models and happy with them.
A new one in my area (1055F). Awesome machine. Customer is super impressed. Matched with a Weiler screed. Quite, operator friendly and easy to use is the feedback I've gotten.
We bought three of them last year (1055f's) and so far they have been pretty good. One broke both of the auger shafts right where the outer bearing is mounted, cat updated the shaft by removing an un-needed hole under the bearing. Other than that and some sensors they have been reliable and do a very good job. I think all of them have in the ball park of 1500 hrs on them now, so not a whole lot of hours yet, I dont remember the tonnage I was told that had been run through them total but it was quite a bit. I've followed one all year this year and so far this year it's done 2-70k ton jobs and one-30k ton job and has about 25-30k left to do this year, no major problems yet.
We have several 1000f’s. They are fairly complicated to work on but the operators seem to like them. Ours have the se60 screeds which are ok, but have had a lot of heating elements fail.
We have 2 655f and 2 1055f heating elements all the time and the engine running hot.