I have a few questions on my Cat HM312 Mulcher. Compatible with a 299D2? 1) I originally bought this Cat HM312 (2005) Mulcher used with Cat (2012) - 289C Skidstter. I now have a 299D2 and I'm unsure if the (2) low flow hydraulic hoses that operate the door (open/close) can work with the 299D2? The low flow couplers appear toe connect to the same out put as the high flow lines. How would I connect this to the machine to get the door to operate? Maintenance and Service? I do not have a owners manual and was needing advice on Maintenance and Service. I've searched all over the web for information and can't find answers - I've greased all the zerk fittings - What are the torque specs for the teeth? - how much play should there be in the belts? - anything on the hydraulic pump to maintain? Who is the Manufacture that made this for Cat. I was under the impression FAE was the manufacture. It looks like a FAE, so I contacted FAE to see if they could help with the the above questions and they said they did not make this model for Cat, and Cat manufactured this themself. (Note: FAE had helped me on a hydraulic pump issue years ago, but now referred me back to Cat, and said they did not make this model) Thanks!
Is the Serial Number of the mulcher DJPxxxxx..? If so you can download a Maintenance Manual for $30 from HERE Type SEBU7959 in the box and click Search.
Serial # DJP00215 Model HM312 Work Tool – 27-5900
Then all that info I posted above will work for you. You can download a complete O&M from Cat for $30.
Nigel, Is this the operators manual. I've also seen a Service manual on line, but it is from www.caterpillarworkshopmanuals.com . Also I'm unsure what jumper plug I need to run the Cat HM312 on the 299D2. I think Cat makes a B & N Plug for Standard Flow and EPS Flow The Cat HM312 Mulcher runs at 31-36 gpm @ 4000psi,
Ask your local dealer. If they can't tell you then contact Skid Steer Genius They're knock-offs. Again a mish-mash of cobbled up documents taken from Cat's Service Information System (aka SIS). The snip below tells me everything I need to know. A genuine factory manual wouldn't look like that. Get a genuine O&M from the link I posted above for $30.
There was a change on the mulcher from 5 line to 3 line system was probably a valve change not sure as it was done before we picked the mulcher up should be easy to find the update at the dealer or even Cat rental store has probably had to change many
Nigel, I'll order the OEM Manual. thanks! Jonas302, Our mulcher has 6 hydraulic lines. (4) lines are high flow and operate the mucher head, and the (2) smaller lines operate the door.
You probably figured this out by now but the c series hi flow had 2 HYD function on boom and d series only have 1 HYD function so the door will not work without a valve installed on mulcher, my HM415 has the valve block but it also has 2 plugged port labeled door that I think would be to hook hoses to skidsteer for door, maybe your mulcher already has that valve too.