Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Grader mods

Runamuk ยท 2013-07-30 04:10

So, I am running a few different Graders at the moment, A 140h, 143h, and a cat 12. I have unfortunately been in the Cat 12 for the past couple of days since our 143h is getting serviced and our 140h is to far away to get to the section I'm working. The cat 12 is a great machine, but I'm to tall for it and after a 9-10 hour day my right knee is toast from the stiff gas pedal and the lack of leg room. Anyway, My right palm was getting sore and tired of the original shift knob, so I decided to switch it with the upper left AUX lever knob (not used in winter/summer) and switch it for the shifter lever knob. My palm has been very happy ever since and I'm pleased with it. It feels similiar to the John Deere red knob shifter without the silly park locking mechanism getting the way. here it is.

Replies4
  1. #1Bluetop Man2013-08-02 14:04

    What you have done is a blasphemy, making a CAT run like a DEERE!!!

  2. #2OCR2013-08-02 19:03

    A performance up- grade is that easy??? Wow... :notworthy Ahhh, now you only have to push it half as far... ingenious !! Oh-oh!... now the Mods will have to move this to that "High Speed Grading" thread... OCR... lol

  3. #3mitch5042013-08-03 00:43

    Well, y'all know what they say, "nothing runs like a Deere with a Cat on it's ass". Maybe now you have them both in one machine?

  4. #4Runamuk2013-08-03 02:52

    It's not much, but it makes my day a little better. Oh come on! Deere's aren't they bad. They do make for good fill material sometimes. After they have been crushed... but That leads to paperwork and questions usually though, so I only do it in emergencies.