I think I got a pretty good deal at RB on some basically new take off 14:00-R24 Goodyear grader tires with 10 bolt rims. I paid $2500 cad. plus 10% buyers premium for 4 of them. I got the name of the seller and he was pretty sure the rims are off a Cat grader. I'm wondering if someone with access to SIS can tell me the dimensions (bolt pattern etc.) of the rims? It looks like 120H, 140H and some others can use 14:00-24 tires. I'm pretty sure the rims are 1 piece and I see Cat does offer 9" wide 1 piece rims for 14:00-24 tires. I think if the rims specified they fit Cat graders, the tire/rim assemblies would have sold for more. Bonus for me I guess. If I can verify what the rims fit, hopefully I can recoup some of the money I spent by selling the rims. Sure wish the rims would bolt on my grader but I'm not so fortunate. Any help would be appreciated. These are the type of tires I bought: 14.00/R24 Goodyear SG-2B > OTR Tires
According to this aftermarket manufacturer of rims here, studs are on 285mm diameter and centre bore is 228.85mm.
Is there any possibility you could make bolt on adapters for those new rims ?
I thought of that but I think it would very difficult. The existing wheels don't have any holes to bolt on. They have a giant nut in the middle that holds the wheel disk on and then rim clamps to mount the disk to the rim. I would have loved if I could modify the the existing wheels to fit the Cat wheels.
Thank you! I saw that sight too. I'll convert it to SAE dimensions. For some dumb reason it never occurred to me 3 piece rims would use the same bolt pattern as 1 piece rims. I think a bunch of graders use the 1 piece rims and thought SIS or somewhere would give a listing of what fits what. Perhaps part number crosses would be an easy way to tell if something like that existed.
I found a Cat part number 6G1527 that fits a lot of graders. Hoping someone can provide the bolt circle dimensions and then I can measure the wheels I have to see if they are the same.
Picked up the wheels and tires today and I think the wheels are for telehandlers. They are OTR part number 1001091168. I don't know if they also fit graders. I sent an e-mail to OTR to see if they could provide a list of what they fit. Probably be harder to sell for telehandlers but the tires are like new. They still have remnants of the new stickers on the tread.
Most of the telehandlers by me foam fill their tires. Hopefully the ones you got aren't .
I don't think they are. They are new take offs. Maybe because foam filled tires were put on the machine.