Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT HVAC guys in here? Need schrader valves.

fastline · 2026-06-17 19:02

Working on our 299D. Service ports on AC are confirmed leaking slightly. Been a few months but I noted that one was a std schrader, but other was possibly what I call a flow max, or larger valve. I was unsure but have no current 'in-sitchu' valve tools for that to swap without loss of charge. I need to get it done so curious if someone has info? I suspect it might be a more specific high flow mobile valve I'm not familiar with, but this is a 134A system with std quick connects. No, I didn't take any pics but I think I recall it on the suction or low side.

Replies5
  1. #1Mike L2026-06-17 19:04

    You should be able to get the shrader valves at any air conditioning supply house. they are not exclusive to cat

  2. #2MarshallPowerGen2026-06-17 19:24

    Can pick up the 26780 Four Seasons / Murray kit online or from the local auto parts store that has a mix of AC valve cores. https://www.autozone.com/p/four-seasons-a-c-system-valve-core-and-cap-kit-26780/912016

  3. #3JD955SC2026-06-18 21:59

    I’d get a kit. Cat isn’t always good about supplying part numbers for Schrader valves in lines. It’s a real pain in the neck for a dealer mechanic.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2026-06-19 05:05

    I keep them from cat in my kit when i get to the shop ill post the numbers

  5. #5fastline2026-06-19 11:59

    Appreciate guys. I realized in the parts diagrams, they don't even show or list these valves, just the complete line. A parts guy might be able to find, but I realized I have no core tools or hot swap device for these. Generally if I run into something like that, I will buy the tools so I don't have the issue again. The system has to be evacuated anyway so now is the time.