Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat hydraulic Quick coupler stuck?

jfp2673 ยท 2013-09-23 15:17

Has anyone ever have a problem with caterpillar hydraulic quick connects? I cant get one of the bucket pins to release. I can see the actuator move about 75% and just stop. I am not sure if some thing is wrong with the actuator or does it just not have enough power to pull a stuck pin out. I have never owned a machine with hydraulic quick connects so I am not sure where to start, besides spraying the pins with pb spray and cycling hydraulics.

Replies8
  1. #1DiamondLTruckin2013-09-23 22:22

    Rev it up a little and/or (as required) shake it a little. 9/10 they will pop loose. The grease fittings on those are kinda a pain to get to so they may not be getting greased as much as they should be.

  2. #2durallymax2013-09-24 08:48

    x2. You can tap them some if you need. Sometimes its the pins, sometimes its the attachement that is tweaked. We noticed going from NH to Cat that the Cat plate has a lot tighter tolerances and that caused us some issues at first.

  3. #3heymccall2013-09-24 09:13

    The link under the spring tends to stretch/ tear open in my 248b. Last time round, the link was revised and I had to get different lever bell cranks, too.

  4. #4jfp26732013-09-24 21:16

    Thanks for the advice, shaking the bucket helped loosen it up.

  5. #5johnbruni2018-07-01 20:13

    I had to remove pin to clean out and wire brush pin. Greased up and re -assembled. Just remove bolt you can see from front of plate, remove pin holding pin assembly to ram and knock out pin from below. Nothing is spring loaded and it goes back together nicely.

  6. #6ianjoub2018-07-01 22:26

    +1 I removed mine, wire wheeled all the parts, greased and reassembled. I cleaned the fittings and replaced the zerks as well. All is good now that they get grease regularly.

  7. #7Ron Crudge2023-05-13 15:46

    My pins will not retract Can see hose move ever so slightly No bucket on Any advise?

  8. #8Ron Crudge2023-05-13 15:51

    I cleaned totally Pins seem loose When hammer just bounce little bit