Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat IT Fitment

masterwelder · 2022-04-24 08:26

I can’t be the first to ask- I have IT forks from my 420F IT and I would like to know what Cat IT loaders my forks will fit?

Replies17
  1. #1Shimmy12022-04-24 08:57

    This has a little information. Maybe only the little ones? Looks like IT14 through 28 are the same. HeavyEquipmentForums The quick coupler world is a nasty place. The good thing is, there has been a bit of commonality appearing in the last 10 years. Cat is still pretty proud of their own loader couplers, but JRB is what most everyone else uses. I found this chart. I'm sure that are probably others, but this looks to be a list of the most popular.

  2. #2Nige2022-04-24 10:41

    Are these your forks.? Without a S/No I can't be 100% certain but that Part Number of fork is only apparently used on BHL multipurpose buckets. That it not to say it might not physically fit nother model

  3. #3CM19952022-04-24 10:47

    Nige I think the OP is talking about the QC forks like these on our 420D IT. Not a great picture but you get the drift, the bucket is sitting on the forks

  4. #4masterwelder2022-04-25 07:02

    Nige, CM is correct, I’m talking about Cat’s factory QC that is referred to as IT. Backhoes, loaders and I think even the tele handler’s have the IT QC, my question is the interchange between Cat equipment. I’m looking at the Cat loaders and wondering if any of the IT loaders will accept my 420 IT bucket and forks. Thank you shimmy for the info! If I’m reading it correctly, up to a IT28 should interchange with the 420 IT?

  5. #5CM19952022-04-25 08:19

    The Cat telehandlers do interchange. Had a TH460B we put our 420 bucket on.

  6. #6Nige2022-04-25 12:05

    I can give you a list of exactly what your fork attachment will fit. All I need is either your machine Serial Number, or better still the number off the data plate located on the LH upper rail of the fork carriage.

  7. #7masterwelder2022-04-26 06:06

    Jwj00248 Thank you.

  8. #8Nige2022-04-26 10:56

    The 2012 build data for JWJ00248 shows the Quick Coupler but not the fork carriage. It must have been sold separately. Can you get the Part Number from the back side of the fork carriage.? It's on the LH side of the top rail. I think it will be 6W-8832 unless you have a hydraulic fork attachment.

  9. #9MountMachinery2022-04-27 09:48

    Awesome, thanks for sharing this.

  10. #10masterwelder2022-04-28 06:07

    Nige, Pretty sure My forks are aftermarket. I don’t see a tag anywhere.

  11. #11Nige2022-04-28 07:56

    Got a photo?

  12. #12masterwelder2022-05-04 05:36

    Here is what I have. The tag is missing.

  13. #13Nige2022-05-04 09:47

    That's a 6W-8832 Cat carriage. It will fit the following models provided they are equipped with a standard Cat quick coupler. IT12 & 12B, IT14B/F/G/G2, IT18/B/F, IT24F, IT28/B/F/G. 910G, 914G/G2, 924G/H, 928G/H, 930G/H. There is no clear information on the TH range but as CM1995 mentioned in Post #6 above I would bet the carriage would fit most if not all of them. Again the caveat would be that the TH in question would need to be equipped with a Cat quick coupler.

  14. #14CM19952022-05-04 10:24

    Happen to be at our yard with the Iron Planet inspector getting the 420DIT inspected for sale. Here's the fork carriage plate or what's left of it. This carriage and bucket fit on a TH 460B with the same style QC. It was handy as a shirt pocket building block retaining walls since you could shoot a bucket of stone up and behind the wall to backfill it when we didn't have access to the back of the wall.

  15. #15masterwelder2022-05-04 12:47

    Awesome. So much great info. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you to all for the replies. Nige, I stand corrected on the manufacturer of the forks. Glad to know there cat forks though.

  16. #16Nige2022-05-04 13:13

    The photo of the data plate supplied by CM is very interesting. There is a lot of useful data on there. Unfortunately it appears as though it's not the most durable thing in the world. If you want a replacement for your missing plate the Part Number is 8T-7872. No idea of price, sorry.

  17. #17CM19952022-05-04 19:20

    Nige I'm surprised the data plate is still on it to be honest as it's a 2002 model. FWIW 8T-7872 is $37.21 from Thompson Tractor.