Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat it28g army surplus machine

CatUzer · 2023-08-22 10:21

Morning.. so I picked up this cat it28g from an army surplus auction few years ago. The lower end in our it28b gave out so we started using the it28g. The issue I’m having is with the hydraulics. We have other it28g’s that are not from the military. The issue with the military machine is the up and down of the tool carrier. The hydraulics move so slow any which way you go. There are some type of valve box/ solenoids on all 4 pistons. I notice a plug near that valve box on each piston also. Not sure if something has been removed from the valve boxes or if this is the reason the hydraulics move so slow? Anyone have any knowledge on these military machines? Appreciate any help on this thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1IceHole2023-08-22 16:44

    I swear I just answered this. I must be going crazy?!

  2. #2OzDozer2023-08-22 18:24

    CatUzer started 2 different threads, asking the same question. Time to delete this thread, Mods?