I recently bought a Cat IT38G 7BS series, which I discover has a transmission fault. I have very little history other than new wiring harness and solenoids have been fitted in the transmission area before I purchased it ( I know- suspicious). The loader has none or very little drive in forward 2,3,4. 1st forward is okay. Most of the time. Reverse has all gears, but when you first put the transmission lever in reverse, it monetarily drives forward, then goes backwards as it should. Any ideas if this might be an internal or electrical or some external issue? No fault codes come up on ET computer. thanks for your help.
Have you done the basics yet like remove the suction screen and/or power train filter to check for the presence of clutch material particles just to eliminate any possibility that the problem is a mechanical one inside the transmission..?
Thanks Nige, We have just received the loader and have not had a chance to assess it yet. The previous owner replaced the harness and solenoids and may have carried out the checks you have suggested, so I'm not sure if the results will be indicative of the condition. We will have a look anyway. Unfortunately we have not been able to speak to the previous plant mechanic so we are running blind at this stage. Ill keep you informed as we get into it. cheers Michael.
Understood. The thing is (IMHO) it's a good idea to eliminate the simple stuff just to know where you are before you go off blindly chasing what you think is an electronic/electrical fault. TBH if the machine had just come into my possession from somewhere else I wouldn't trust any information I received from 3rd parties, I'd be checking it all again myself to just make sure.