Hi guys, I´m new on the forum and I really enjoyed what I saw from now on ! thanks ! I'm coming from France and I had a question about Caterpillar demolition machines Since 2009 I think, CAT has made a partnership with a french company Demlone for providing high reach demolition excavators http://www.demlone.com/home/index.html (link to CAT's partner) They have developed Dem50, Dem70, Dem100 excavator from 21 to 43m reach, tough machines ! They are only sold in Europe I think and my point is : I've heard about a similar kind of partnership with Jewell Attachments to provide demolition excavator to American market. They were supposed to devellop models Apex50, Apex70, Apex100.. maybe you know about that but still... http://rpn.baumpub.com/news/2698/cat-jewell-alliance-produces-ultra-high-demolition-excavators but the fact is that I can't find any pictures or brochures of these machines branded Apex and I would like to share some on a french demolition forum and to compare these models with those developed by Demlone Do you guys have any idea ? Cheers!
Some pictures of the Dem100
I've seen a couple of logging shovels modified by Jewell but never seen a demolition machine yet. It could be something still in the pipeline. Young is the usual company that I've seen building the specialized fronts for demo. I would be interested in any photos as well.
Jewell has been building long reach demo packages for years. Never heard of an Apex series though.
Yes Jewell works on demolition fronts since awhile and customizes machines for every modifications needed to support those applications but I don't know to what maximum height the have already provided such parts. thks anyway, will try to figure out this mystery ! It seems like this arrangement have been "cancelled", unfortunately because the demo machines of Demlone+CAT are amazing About Young, that's fun because precisely I knew they worked a lot on long reach booms for digging op but I was sure they didn't provide demo fronts , so thanks for this clarification John C. just have a look at Young's photo galery on their website, it's quite nice ! http://www.youngcorp.com/gallery.html If I find some pictures about demo machines equiped with Young attachments, I'll share Ciao (sorry for my english wich is not perfect...)
The company I work for recently completed a large assembly addition to Exodus Machine, a demolition/material handler machine manufacturer in Superior, Wisconsin. They have formed a partnership with Caterpillar and are currently building 100,000 lb plus rubber tired material handlers using Cat drive trains and being marketed by Cat. It has been good for the areas economy. It's great to drive over the high bridge crossing the harbor and set all the shiny new Cats lined up. They have added 300 jobs so far and are looking at an second expansion. Just goggle Exodus Machine, Superior Wisconsin and it will come up.
Thanks for these info old-iron-habit , I had heard about this partnership between Cat and Exodus. The design of these machines is really nice Are models MH3049 or MH3059 of CAT produced by Exodus and then branded CAT ? Is that what you mean by "being marketed" ? So in that case it's like a brand licence, isn't it ?
The MH3049 and MH3059 are based on the Exodus MX447 and MX457 material handlers which are no longer being produced. The partnership between Exodus Machines and Caterpillar essentially rebrands the Exodus machines to be sold and serviced by Cat which has an extensive dealer and service support network in place. There is a new machine now for sale: the MH3037 which is the little brother to the 49 and 59. old-iron-habit - I see that you are just a stones throw away from me. I live in Barnum, MN.
Exodus employee here. This information is correct. The only thing that I would add is that significant changes have been made to all models to get them up to Cat standards, which includes several reliability and safety items that makes the rebrand much more than just a paint job. We operate completely independently of Caterpillar and interact on the basis of engineering design primarily. Cat has vast resources that we can use for different aspects of the machine, but the core of the design is still done in house here in Superior. It's been a really good thing for both companies and definitely something that is great to be a part of.
Also, 300 jobs is a long term projection. We're about 100 strong right now but that's increasing all the time.
Thank you guys for those good information ! Of interest !