Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat line boring specs / sis info

Plummer194 · 2026-05-06 20:05

Just wondering if anyone that does their own line boring or has seen a section in cat sis with dimensional information on lets say a excavator stick on a cat 325cl I know I seen the section before but I just can’t seem to find it again. Need some measurements. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Simon C2026-05-07 10:56

    A 1 inch pin is obviously not going to have the same clearance as a 6 inch pin. Of course the tighter it is the more difficult to assemble but if greased properly the less sloppy it will be. For press fitting bushing the rule I was taught was 0.001 per inch size of bore up to 6 inches and then an extra 0.0005 for everything over 6 inches of bore size. So a 6 inch bore requires 0.006 press-fit to make sure the bushing doesn't come loose. I use green 601 Loctite to put things like this together, to make sure it does not come loose. Maybe post more details of what you are wanting to do. Simon C