Hello,can anyone tell me where we can find,buy,or repair an electronic foot pedal for our 928G loader?..In Canada or North America?I cant believe the walls we run into getting this part.Any help would be appreciated.
You can't get it at the dealer? What's the machine serial number?
Dealer claims it does not exsist in their system...Sn#4TF53903....pin 7sr01034..
Is this what you're looking for ...? View attachment 105607
No,ours is one Spring loaded pedal,three wires coming from it.It has a circuit board and position sensor built into it.The number on the back is PEP0659966.
Can you post a photo..? Are there any numbers on the (I assume) rotary position sensor..? Can you also post a photo of the transmission Direction & Speed controls. Specifically do you have the F-R control switch mounted on the (RH) Implement Control joystick..?
Does this look anything like it..?
Yes,this similar..except ours is a bit slimmer??Not so high.
This is the rotary position sensor inside the pedal.thanks for all help so far.
I should have asked this before. What function does this pedal control..? You've obviously got it disassembled right now but can you post a photo of the pedal location in the cab. The rotary position sensor doesn't look like anything Cat that I've ever seen, neither does the solid-state circuit board. If it was Cat it would be sealed and the back wouldn't come off with screws like that one does. Could this be an aftermarket attachment perchance..?
This is the electronic goveror pedal..THis used like a fuel pedal in an auto/truck,etc.Unfortunatly I do not have access to the complete unit.It is like a standard foot pedal with a base.all the electronics are in the base with a electronic cable going via the floor to the fuel solonoid on the fuel pump or govornor.It is on the floor of the cab.
Apperently these units are built by a company in Europe. www.caldaro.com..and they are no help whatsoever..Continuslly refering me to Cat.this loader was probly built in Germany.If you go on the Caldaro website and to the footpedals page,the one we have is the lower left corner in the pic.
this is pretty much what we have.
I've been working with SIS and find this much: 928G WHEEL LOADER Machine Serial Number - 7SR01034 (Build Date - 21/06/1999) 3116 ENGINE - MACHINE Engine Serial Number - 4TF53903 (Build Date - 07/05/1999, Test Date - 06/05/1999, Ship Date - 10/05/1999) The problem is ever place I look at regarding governor control seems to indicate that this unit should have a cable from the peddle to a lever on the top of the governor, NOT a wire. Is it possible that this loader was modified in the last 14 years to a newer style fuel system that is now electronically controlled? I know our 980G's all have a cable that controls the governor mechanically where our 980GII has an electronic controlled governor. Edited: OK, just as I was doing my research I see you have at least part of the answer
Not sure if this works but if it does is this your pedal? Just a shot in the dark but this is a picture from SIS of the 317-0720 Pedal Group.
Maybe the illustration above doesn't show it too well but I don't see any evidence of the circuit board in that one. However what you've found is a damn sight closer to what I managed to come up with .... Have you got a photo of the complete assembled pedal unit taken from the same angle so that we could compare it to the parts illustration posted above..? That throttle pedal is used on a 928H BTW.
This is very similar except ours has the electronics enclosed in the base...I will try and get a pic on here this afternoon.. Thanks
will try an get photo on here.I know the sensor is built in Japan who build it for this company in Sweden who build the food pedals for Cat..but be darned if I can find a part Num.
Thses are pics of pedal.As you can see,I have replaced the sensor with a generic sensor because the original sensor was faulthy but unit does still not work.
Yes I was aware of that and was taking a shot in the dark that this machine was modified at some point to use the newer style assembly. Guess it would be nice to know some of the history or this machine. When ever I change something from the "as shipped" design I try to make notes in my records. But that only helps if someone knows where to look for that information.
this ours..the board is built underneat the pedal itself.
No,I have no history of machine.Cant believe this cat part is so elusive.Itwas brought to my electronic repioar shop to try and repair.So far ..not much luck
That 12-pin Deutsch connector in the photo. How many wires actually go into that connector, what colour is each one and which pin does it go into..? The pin numbers will be marked on the back of the connector.
I have discovered this pedal was not supplied by Caldaro as first thought. The marking label says “RMH Controls AB” and this manufacturer was long ago acquired by Morse Controls which today is Kongsberg Automotive Power Product Systems Ltd. They are located in Basildon, UK. interesting..have tried to contact those folk.
This might be a real long shot but have you looked at Parker at all they have supplyed us with systems a little simlar to that and they are made in the UK and they told me they supply to CAT so yeah not sure mate.
The wires into the plug are as follows: Red 1; Blue 2; Brown 3; Black 4; White 5; Orange 6; Green 7;
Do you have website for Parker?I will give them a try.
Jimmy, That throttle pedal seems to do a lot more than the electronic ones I'm used to. They usually have only 3 wires (power, ground, & signal) from the pedal position sensor. You said earlier that the pedal was brought into your shop for repair. I assume the machine is nowhere near you, correct..? Next question, and I apologize for not asking it earlier. Need the wire colours and numbers of the 7 wires that are installed in the mating male connector in the machine harness that connects to the throttle pedal. Every wire in a Cat harness is identified with a colour and a number. The number will be printed on to the surface of the wire insulation every couple of inches along its length. There is a "wiring protocol" in Cat's harness design so a 565 Pink wire (for example) will always be used for the same thing no doesn't matter what machine it's used on. If we can find out what are the wire colours and numbers in the machine harness it may give some idea of what function each wire serves. I've been busy all week with a payload study otherwise I'd have been into it a bit earlier. Let me try to get hold of the machine arrangement for that particular Serial Number of 928G and see if it was built with any sort of whacky left-field attachments installed on it. We may be looking at a "Cat Custom Shop-built" machine here. According to the engine Serial Number that was built in Belgium in May 1999 so I think your comment about it being a European-built machine is correct, most likely at Cat's Gosselies plant. I didn't think that made any difference to electronic components like sensors though, maybe I was wrong in that. A comment about the pedal illustration that KSH posted above that fits 928H. I went into the 928H electrical schematic and it still only shows a 3-pin connector from the throttle pedal position sensor, exactly the same right down to the wire numbers and colours (see comment above) as the later versions of the 928G.
Right - I got hold of the machine arrangement. It was built on 21/06/99 in Cat's Gosselies Plant in Belgium and was intended for the German market. Unfortunately there were no Custom attachments on it so that means the original control system for the fuel pump govenor was by cable from the throttle pedal. That is the reason why the Cat dealer can't find details of the pedal, it's not original. Someone somewhere down the line has installed that pedal and some sort of electronic system on the engine to replace the cable with an electronic throttle control. Added to that the electronic pedal assembly that has been used in the modification is not one used by Cat. The engine Serial Number is the one with which it left the factory so it has also been modified somehow. As the machine has found its way to Canada the only hope I can hold out is that there was a previous owner also in Canada who could be contacted and asked how the modification was done. However with the throttle pedal being made in Europe I suspect the mod was done before the machine came to Canada and tracing who did it and hoe they did it could be awfully difficult.
That is what it looks like ...I am awaiting info from a company in Texas who may know something about this unit..pedal,that is.
pedal update It seems like this unit was built in Holland and they still have an old one in stock.With luck ,maybe we will be able to get ours working This address of contact and company in Holland. Richard Weijers. RSH Hillegom B.V. Afd. Kabels Mail: [email protected] Tel: (+31) 252 52 12 50 Fax: (+31) 252 52 39 83 Web: www.rsh.eu