Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Low Coolant Sensor 239-9957 Wiring?

Birken Vogt ยท 2016-08-31 09:47

I have been fishing around for a good sensor for many applications and this may be the one. Affordable, has exposed wire pigtails, and 1/4" thread. Does anyone have the wiring for it or a schematic for a truck or tractor that uses one?

Replies10
  1. #1Mark2502016-08-31 16:46

    Mark

  2. #2Nige2016-08-31 17:32

    There's something weird Mark. On the LH sidethe Digital Sensor Power is listed as +8V on the RH side the feed into the sensor is marked as +5V. Which one's correct..? Birken, your problem with this sensor is going to be finding a good source of supply of digital voltage. I guess it'll have to come from an ECM somewhere, it can't come from anywhere else.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-08-31 21:44

    My question would be is what form does the output signal have, digital on off?

  4. #4Birken Vogt2016-09-01 00:32

    Most of them have some kind of circuit inside, might even be a microprocessor that monitors the capacitance on the probe and grounds the signal wire when the level is low. Some even have a 4th wire that goes high so you can hook it to either kind of circuit. So I don't think +5v or +8v matters too much but maybe +12v might be too much for it, who knows. Thanks for the info, I guess I ought to keep looking though unless we can confirm this one works on 12v also.

  5. #5Mark2502016-09-01 01:09

    hi looking at the circuit operation for a AD45 the sensor supply is stated as 8V also changes number to 430-9449 Mark

  6. #6lantraxco2016-09-01 01:34

    I've used these in the past, might be more cumbersome than you're looking for: http://www.ebay.com/itm/R4290-Isspro-Low-Water-Alarm-Kit-New-/262137792002 And 24 volt: http://www.ebay.com/itm/R4290-24VDC-Isspro-Low-Water-Alarm-Kit-New-/262137811797

  7. #7Cmark2016-09-01 03:00

    I would suggest the 4309443 sensor. It works at battery voltage, either 12 or 24v.

  8. #8lantraxco2016-09-01 12:37

    Ooh! There ya go!

  9. #9Mark2502016-09-02 00:49

    apologies for the poor quality. Mark

  10. #10Birken Vogt2016-09-02 10:46

    The reason I keep fishing around is I have a number of units I'd like to do but pricing and availability are all over the place. So far I have 5 different part numbers that all do 12vdc ranging from $150 to over $400. So I am trying to find the best one for the application.