Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT M315 excavator diagnostic software & hardware needed

evisvasiu ยท 2016-01-28 03:53

Hello, Company I work for is going to buy some used M315 & 312 excavator. Can anyone tell me what hardware and software I must have for doing general diagnostics to those vehicles with pc? Actually I have a licenced Electronic Technician 2015 and a communication adapter 3 which I use for wheel loader diagnostics. Are these enough for the excavator M315? Thank you in advance

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2016-01-28 05:08

    If you already have ET & the Comms Adapter you should be fine to do diagnostics on the wheeled excavator line.

  2. #2evisvasiu2016-01-28 06:55

    Thanks for the response Nige! But, I saw on the machine different type of diagnostic socket (attached picture). I searched a little on web and I found another software named "M300 Technician" and another type of diagnostic cable with 5 pins used for that type of excavators. I'm confused now :beatsme

  3. #3Nige2016-01-28 13:40

    M300 technician should be on your ET software already.

  4. #4H. Shamsi khani2017-01-07 06:30

    Connect M315 with CAT 126-7877 to laptop Hello. What did you do finally? I have this problem too. Hamed Shamsi khani [email protected] In fact by cable CAT 126-7877 you can connect CAT M315 to laptop with serial/com/RS232 port. I'm looking for CAT 126-7877 If you find it notify me I'm ready to buy it.

  5. #5kshansen2017-01-07 07:27

    Can't speak for any dealers in your part of the world but our local dealer shows one available at their main office for around $120.00 US

  6. #6H. Shamsi khani2017-01-07 14:58

    Ok. I want it. What should I do? my email address is [email protected]

  7. #7kshansen2017-01-07 19:59

    Seems like there should be a Cat dealer in you part of the world you could get it from but if you want to try contacting the main office of the dealership I have dealt with their web site is: http://www.miltoncat.com/locations/MilfordMA/Pages/MilfordMA.aspx I have no idea if they ship parts overseas or even if they can sell parts outside of their area. Good luck

  8. #8H. Shamsi khani2017-01-08 15:14

    Hello Dear friend. Thank you a lot. You mean that you have contacted them about buying CAT Cable 126-7877 ? Are they ready to sell it to other people out of dealership? Thank you.

  9. #9kshansen2017-01-08 15:41

    No have not contacted them directly only thru their online parts store that I have access to from my former job. I don't think there is any problem for someone buy it from them but there might be some problems due to contracts between dealerships where they will not sell or ship something to a customer who would be in another dealers area. That is why I suggested you trying to purchase it from who ever is the authorized Cat dealer for your area.

  10. #10H. Shamsi khani2017-01-08 21:54

    Because of USA sanctions against my country, when I tried to signup on the website, in country selection: There was no Iran! So I think I couldnt buy it from Milton CAT!

  11. #11kshansen2017-01-09 11:10

    I was wondering about that being a possible problem.