Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat m318

illy ยท 2014-09-10 07:39

Hello, for this machine serial number there are two types of VALVE GP-steering (orbitrol). How can I determine which one (part number) I have?

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2014-09-10 09:01

    Machine Serial Number..?

  2. #2illy2014-09-10 09:15

    8AL03286 Thanks!

  3. #3Nige2014-09-10 09:58

    173-7387 Valve Group. Fitted from machine S/N 8AL01824-Up.

  4. #4illy2014-09-10 10:17

    Yes, but I also have this info: S/N 8AL2265-Up -> type 1 P/N 173-7387 and type 2 P/N 206-3402. Where in the parts catalog can I find out when was each type effective?

  5. #5Per Eriksson2014-09-10 15:32

    206-3402 is the replacement for 173-7387 so it doesn't really matter.

  6. #6Nige2014-09-10 16:08

    Your machine was built July 2001 so it has 206-3402 Valve Group from the factory. The only problem is that apart from a seal kit their are no serviceable parts in that valve - so if it requires more than seals you're stuffed. The earlier 173-7387 valve is/was 100% rebuildable.

  7. #7illy2014-09-11 04:47

    OK, thanks! I only need the seal kit...