Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat M318C panel monitor

Soo ยท 2020-12-09 13:04

Hello, I have a Cat M318C at which monitor panel is not working. Can someone help me with an advice and also with an electric schematic? Thanks

Replies30
  1. #1Per Eriksson2020-12-09 17:43

    Usually a faulty voltage converter inside, contact this guy for repair.

  2. #2Nige2020-12-09 18:27

    If you want an electrical schematic then you will have to supply a Serial Number.

  3. #3Soo2020-12-10 10:19

    Serial number BEB02032

  4. #4Soo2020-12-10 10:19

    Sorry, it was a phone mistake

  5. #5Nige2020-12-10 11:15

    No worries. Sent you the schematic.

  6. #6Soo2020-12-10 13:55

    Thank you for the schematic.Regarding the monitor panel i verified the voltage converter inside and it is ok(5V and 10V). Any sugetions regarding this problem or what else i can verify? Thank.

  7. #7Soo2020-12-10 14:17

    Hello, Also if someone can help me with a manual? Thank you

  8. #8Nige2020-12-10 19:02

    Manuals are probably pretty scarce, not many of them were built. Look for Cat Publication reference RENR9120. It might be available online at one of the sites like scribd where you have to first subscribe before you can download it.

  9. #9Soo2020-12-12 04:25

    Hello, Can someone help me with what reprezenta the symbol INH from the picture atach. Thanks

  10. #10Nige2020-12-12 07:18

    I did a bit of Photoshop on the label because it appears to me that there are 3 LEDs in that corner of the module. Are the two LEDs that are now next to "INH" the CANBus + and - lights....?

  11. #11Soo2020-12-12 08:48

    Yes

  12. #12Soo2020-12-12 09:32

    Those two are not leds, The are just the point coresponding to pin on the board. Thanks

  13. #13Per Eriksson2020-12-13 03:16
  14. #14Soo2020-12-13 08:03

    Thank you. I think this converter is faulty for display panel not working, and i am trying to verify.

  15. #15Soo2020-12-14 22:55

    Hello, Can someone help me with a electric circuit of a Cat M318C, monitor panel? Thanks

  16. #16Nige2020-12-15 09:46

    There is nothing shown in the Cat system regarding the internal wiring of the monitor panel. It is simply shown as a box with a machine wiring harness connected to it. Having looked at the price of a replacement ($4,400 from Cat, $3,600 on eBay) and been somewhat shocked I can understand why you are keen to try to repair it............... Cheapest I found was $1,799. https://rebuildengineparts.com/prod...r-m313c-m315c-m316c-m318c-m322c-3054c-engine/ Here's a llink to a place in Spain that says they can repair it - http://www.agrotecnocar.com/novedad...7058-06-reparacion-de-monitor-caterpillar-cat .......and one in Holland - https://www.diagcar.nl/reparatie/caterpillar/cat-243-7058-06

  17. #17LACHAU2020-12-15 11:43

    a little more detail. It's a "POWER MODUL" of OPUS 46 monitor board (Sany brand name a Chinese excavator).

  18. #18Soo2020-12-15 12:47

    Thank you

  19. #19Soo2020-12-15 13:23

    Thank you. I will verify this power modul.

  20. #20Soo2020-12-15 14:22

    Hello. I verified this power modul and all seems to be ok on it. Thank.

  21. #21Soo2021-01-26 00:06

    Hello, Can someone help me with error codes for cat m318c? Thanks

  22. #22Per Eriksson2021-01-26 14:52

    What codes do you have?

  23. #23Soo2021-01-26 15:12

    Hello Here is a photo with error codes. I have noticed when E046 appears the machine stops working (for about 30~40 seconds) and than starts working again(for 5 min) and this problem is repeating. Thanks.

  24. #24Nige2021-01-26 15:51

    They are Event Codes. What you missed is the data regarding the Dignostic Clock hours of the first & last occurence of each Event and the number of times each one occured.

  25. #25Per Eriksson2021-01-26 16:16

    E046 is most likely bad seals in the swing brake. Check for a pilot pressure drop when you release the swing brake. The rest I wouldn't bother with, just a tale of a machine used hard and not maintained.

  26. #26Soo2021-01-27 11:56

    Thank you. I will check.

  27. #27DEMLONE702021-01-27 13:30

    E46 Low pilot pressure ,weak pilot pump

  28. #28Soo2021-02-22 10:09

    Hello, I didn't manage to solve the problem yet.The machine stops working for couple of seconds, the motor is working and then after this starts working normal. I manage to solve the problem regarding the monitor, but when i plug in the monitor the machine stops.Can someone give me an advice regarding this problem? Thanks..

  29. #29Per Eriksson2021-02-23 12:16

    Has the pilot pressure been checked with a gauge when the problem appears?

  30. #30Soo2021-02-23 17:11

    Hello, Tomorow i will verify, because I have waited also for the monitor to be repaired, but now it is working. The only problem is that one i connect the monitor the machine stops. Thanks.