Hello everyone! I hope you're all well. I need a hand. I need to find the part number for the wiring harness that connects the hydraulic pump pressure sensors, temperature sensors, and the hydraulic filter. It also connects to the PRV valve. I looked it up in the SIS, but I'm not sure if it's the correct one (267-7839). The serial number for the unit is GGE00660. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sorry, it's not a 336D, I actually meant to put 330D
The wiring harness that connects to the hydraulic pump pressure sensors, temperature sensors, and the hydraulic filter appears to be the main chassis harness. Is that the one you are looking for.?
Correct, it should be the main harness, which goes to the ECM
OK, in that case see the attached which is specifically for GGE-prefix machines with S/Nos from 641 to 875, which includes yours. Item #37 on the parts list is the main chassis harness. I just wanted to make sure that both of us were talking about the same thing. That's going to be expensive, and maybe not immediately available. It appears as though there are several groups of machine Serial Numbers for the GGE-prefix and each group apparently uses a different Part Number for the main chassis wiring harness.
Thanks a lot, my friend. The part number is correct, and I already checked the price, and it's actually very expensive ($8,000) and it takes 15 days to arrive in my country. I think I'll fix it.
Do you have any photos of the damage you can share.? Was it burned or mechanically damaged (squashed or cut).? I'm sure someone will have suggestions. If you are interested in repairing the harness my first suggestion would be get hold of a Deutsch connector crimp tool and a load of pins & sockets.
I don't have any photos of the damage, but it was a short circuit in the wires of the hydraulic pump's sensors and valves. The insulation was so badly damaged that the slightest contact would strip the wires, exposing the copper. I couldn't get the car running because I'd blow a fuse. I made a makeshift repair so I could get out of the pit. My plan was to replace the entire branch line to avoid future problems, but I'll fix everything that's damaged. I have a box of terminals, Deutsch connectors, and terminal clamps.
Depending on how may wires are in that branch of the harness I think I would get hold of one or more 4/6/8/12-pin Deutsch connectors and manufacture a complete new branch that connects to the existing harness using Deutsch connectors. Single wires can also be connected using a Deutsch splice. Cat Part Number is 115-8109. Deutsch P/N is JS-16-00, they call it a Jiffy Splice. Basically you crimp a pin on one side then a socket on the other and push both ends into the splice. It is then sealed like any of the larger Deutsch connectors and can be disassembled at any time simply by unplugging it. JS-16-00 Jiffy Splice Assembly | DeutschConnector.com Deutsch JS-16-00 Jiffy Splice, for single wire connections. Comes complete one pin and one socket. Accomodates 12-20 AWG wire. Use Contact Removal Tool 0411-310-1605 to remove pins and sockets. Removal tool is not needed for installation. www.deutschconnector.com
If your wiring looks anything like the wiring in this thread, replacement may be your only option. Caterpillar wiring problems Hello guys, our CAT 329D had a problem in the wiring insulation, We had to change the wire harness completly, anyone seen this problem in CAT excavators? https://ibb.co/cQWpFf7 HeavyEquipmentForums
Interesting that despite the OP having a GGE-prefix machine that is listed for the program, his particular Serial Number is not in the list of Affected Product which jumps from GGE631 straight to GGE669. I wonder why.? Maybe answering my own question - because the main Chassis Harness on his particular Serial Number is 306-8528 which is not included among the Parts Required on the SL. Different harness Part Numbers supplied by different sub-contractors possibly.?
Correct, the cables looked like this. Perhaps the heat, combined with the oil contamination, caused them to become that way on my machine. The problem is only in the area of the hydraulic pumps and filters. I believe repairing the damaged area would keep it working properly.
Hello dear friends, I hope you are all well. I repaired the damaged cables. It worked fine for 30 hours, but then experienced a fault. When I tried to activate two movements at once, the motor tended to stall. I connected my communicator and found two active codes: -6 for the PRV and the fan solenoid. Behind the operator's seat, there are buttons that put the excavator in emergency mode. When I activate this system, both -6 faults disappear and 91-8 appears. Is there a way to temporarily override this system? Perhaps that's causing the PRV faults.
Would you like the troubleshooting for the two -6 fault Codes.? If so please post the complete Codes.
581-6, 291-6
Here you go. I think that you have an electrical schematic which will also be necessary.
Thank you very much for the information shared. I suspect two things that I will rule out: 1) The wiring from the PRV to the ECM is in poor condition: My plan is to run both PRV wires externally to verify that the original harness wires are not causing the problem. 2) The backup EPR valve: investigate how I can disable it or how to verify if the problem is centralized there. The ECM only has one green light on. I understand that everything is working correctly inside the ECM. I will keep you informed about the progress of the diagnosis, and I welcome advice on how to improve it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Your Caterpillar 330 C9 engine is still 3306. The price of your chassis engine wiring harness should be around USD 1000. There are many models in stock, so the price of aftermarket parts is not too high.
That's correct, the engine harness is relatively inexpensive; in my country, it costs around $500, and it's the original CAT harness. The harness we mentioned is the main harness for the machine. It's not the engine harness.
I understand what you are looking for: the main wiring harness, the longest and largest one on the chassis. I mentioned the price as 1000USD. I hope this information is helpful to you.