Does anyone know why the center light is blinking and beeping. Was cold day first startup in a month. 2007 cat mini. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Need a Serial Number to check details. Was the engine stopped or running when that photo was taken.?
Was running! I don’t have the serial number right now. I had to jump it
Well if it was running the light on the left is for low oil pressure. See the attachment. How cold was it.? What grade of engine oil are you using and when was the oil/filter last changed.? If you are unfamiliar with the warning light system and anything else related to operation/maintenance you REALLY should get hold of an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it ASAP. This will be based on S/No. Supply that and I can direct you to the correct one. They are not expensive.
I read that it may happen if you first turn it n it can happen then turn it off and try again. I couldn’t do that since I jumped it. But it stayed on beeping for 5 min
So the beeping stopped once the engine warmed up a little.? Still need answers regarding the engine oil and when it was last changed.
all filters and oil came from cat. Oil was 10w30 Cat oil ultra low sulfur
Seems strange in that case that the low oil pressure alarm went off when starting from cold. How cold was it on the day the alarm went off.? Has the alarm gone off since either when starting or operating.?
Temperature was 8 degrees. I shut it off after a few minutes but couldn’t start it without jumping it again? You think maybe belt or something might have let go?
It is possible that a lack of electrical power that led you to have to jump start the engine could cause all sorts of issues. However I wouldn’t guarantee it. If a belt had let go I would have thought you would have found it in your pre-start inspection. You do actually carry one out I hope.? Is the battery good enough now to start the engine without having to jump it.? What happens to the warning lights when you start up.?
Good point ! Probably need to charge it full