I have a 2001 Cat 304.5 mini excavator I have bought to clean up some new property, have a 20" bucket & thumb but would like a ditch cleaning bucket for field drainage ditches, what would be a good fit for that machine 36", 42" or bigger? Not doing a huge amount but would like to know what would be a good match for size machine. Thanks!!
I got a 42 with our new 35G, a smaller machine than yours. It is pretty big for the 35, which comes with a 36 standard. I would get at least a 42 in your case. I really like having the extra width.
Good day Cleaning ditches can involve some wet and heavy material if you like a stable ride and not a bucking bronco better stay within the recommended specifications, if you have a quick coupler it will already swallow some of the capacity. I suggest you consider the weight and capacity before the width. Kind regards Uffex
Agree with Uffex, but FWIW ditch cleaning buckets of 1000mm, 1300mm, & 1600mm width are listed in the parts manual for the 304.5.
Hence my recommendation for at least a 42. With a 4.5 ton machine, a 36 would be crippling production.