Hi guys, Does anyone know if the CAT 3066T and the Mitsubishi 6D34 are compatible? The reason i ask is that the Japanese made CAT 320 B and C models have Mitsubishi engines but the European and US ones have the 3066 engine. I did some research and turns out that CAT have taken over the Mitsubishi engines "section". Am i right in assuming that CAT simply rebrand the Mitsubishi engines in Europe and the States? I am interested in purchasing a CAT320B Made in Belgium and wanted to know what the difference was between this and the ones made in Japan. Cheers
G,day Sripola, I can't help you with those exact engines but Cat has been the majority owner of MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) since WWII. Cat also owns the Perkins name hence the terms used "Perkapillar" or "Mitsapillar". Because the various engines are manufactured all over the World I think you have to be careful with compatibility....bit I'm sure there is a large degree of commonality. My previous skid steer was a Cat 248B and according to the specs it had a Cat 3044C engine...but it had MHI badges all over it. Good Luck