Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat MM55SR-2 does anybody else have one??

Shade Tree · 2024-06-24 11:10

I'm working on a cat MM55SR-2. I think someone else made it and cat put there name on it. Anyways its my friends machine and basket case he adopted and im trying to fix the loose ends. it was pretty bad and I kick myself for not getting good before pics. I'm really hoping someone on here might possibly have one of these for an example and would be willing to take pictures to show me what's missing. It's pretty much all electrical. I will try to post questions individually. Here's a picture of the machine itself.

Replies28
  1. #1Shade Tree2024-06-24 11:19

    Looking for what wires go to this. And what is it's function?

  2. #2Shade Tree2024-06-24 11:22

    I'm wondering if these 2 wires go to the above pedal switch?

  3. #3Shade Tree2024-06-24 11:26

    Not sure how all the stuff under the seat gets mounted

  4. #4Shade Tree2024-06-24 11:31

    This is the left side of engine compartment behind operator seat. I can see that it's missing something here. There's a mark left behind where a component used to be.

  5. #5Nige2024-06-24 11:53

    You need to be posting in the Compact Excavators section. I'll ask for it to be moved to somewhere you might get more responses.

  6. #6Shade Tree2024-06-24 11:56

    Thank you, I'm new! Lol

  7. #7Nige2024-06-24 12:06

    If I’m not mistaken there are a couple of members who specialise in the MM55SR, which is a good thing because there is no information whatsoever about it on the Cat system….!!

  8. #8Shade Tree2024-06-24 12:32

    That is good! And I didn't find much anything anywhere myself. Thank you for your help

  9. #9Shade Tree2024-06-24 13:48

    Need to also hook up this safety switch. Maybe that is what this thing circled in red is? It's below that area and He told me it wouldn't start till it was looped witch makes sense to me so maybe I answered my own question on this one lol.

  10. #10Shade Tree2024-06-24 14:25

    Also have these 2 plugs below the other open plugs in the engine compartment.

  11. #11Shade Tree2024-06-26 17:08

    Bump Lol

  12. #12Nige2024-06-27 05:16

    I would suggest to do a forum search for "MM55SR". It threw up 6 pages of hits for me, including this one - HeavyEquipmentForums

  13. #13Shade Tree2024-06-27 09:48

    Thank you very much!

  14. #14JDC212024-07-01 19:23

    Think that would be the high/low speed switch for travel

  15. #15Shade Tree2024-07-02 10:37

    Thank you! that's another lead.

  16. #16JDC212024-07-07 17:56

    Mitsubishi MM55SR

  17. #17Shade Tree2024-07-07 21:18

    Thank you! That answers another mystery

  18. #18Shade Tree2024-07-09 09:56

    Ill be going over too it on Wednesday. I ordered that glow plug timer and get to put it then and look at high and low speed wires. Not sure at all what colors they are or where they come from. I'll probably be touching wires and hoping for the best lol. Thank you @Nige & @JDC21 for your help

  19. #19JDC212024-07-09 11:21

    photo1 monitor mounted on right hand side console " 2 part of engine speed control, mine is not used, uses cable to governor " 3 control computer mounts under seat (mitsubishi) " 4 another shot of engine speed control Member Graham Hamilton has schematics as well as other info on his web site: http://www.woodandtrees.co.uk/ a little hard to find, but it is there. good luck!

  20. #20Shade Tree2024-07-10 13:51

    Got glow plug timer in

  21. #21Shade Tree2024-07-10 13:54

    Last wires in question for this area are these. Labeld #50 #53 orange with red blotches #54 yellow with red blotches

  22. #22Shade Tree2024-07-10 13:56

    those wires mentioned above are here Left side of engine compartment

  23. #23Shade Tree2024-07-10 14:16

    Speed switch on floor might go to these wires? But not totally sure. *First Pic shows the switch and the wires I think go to it. *Second Pic is the valve they lead to. *the area shown in picture #3

  24. #24JDC212024-07-10 16:00
  25. #25Shade Tree2024-07-10 16:41

    Thank you! @JDC21 Looks like it uses 2 relays side by side. Now I can fix that. It starts and runs good without it currently because its warm out. But will like to make it complete.

  26. #26Nige2024-07-10 17:10

    Did you look at the thread I linked in Post #13 on Page 1.? http://www.woodandtrees.co.uk/ has the electrical schematics for a MM55SR. Check it out.

  27. #27JDC212024-07-10 17:10

    on the speed switch- one wire goes back to the 12v fuse panel. Take a meter and ring it out. The other wire should go to one of the wires at the solenoid, the other wire on the solenoid should go to ground. On the switch, I would ring it out and make sure it is good, no ground and operates properly.

  28. #28Shade Tree2024-07-10 21:49

    Im sorry i didn't respond to the earlier post. Previous to that I did find it dig into it some. I found the Chinese manual and downloaded it. It gave actual part numbers and good pictures. That's how I discovered the missing glow plug timer.