Hello I'm looking to buy a mini excavator to use on my land and for rent I would like to have your opinion between : Jd 35d 2009 4600 hours rubber track (new) 30000$ (can) and cat 304 cr 2003 3200 hours steel track (original) 32000$ (can) I know that the 2 machines are not exactly the same size but I would like to know the force and weakness of those 2 mini excavator Thanks
Tough call. Which demo'ed best? Comparable service and care over the years? All things being equal, I like Deere. 4600 hours however is too high for me. Likewise, 2003 is getting pretty old. Is it an option to just keep looking?
With a 2003 machine you will learn how to tie a line to a hose and pull it through the knucle at the bottom of the boom and out at the valve bank.
That vintage of Cat has the control valves and all the pilot and function hoses under the floor of the cab. It is a pain to get to the easiest hose. I have never recommended that vintage of machine. The C series minis put the control valve on the right side of the machine in plain view and access to nearly everything. I recommend that series but is probably a break even to a Deere / Hitachi of the same vintage. I don't look at those machines by hours as it is the owner and operator and the abuse that determines how much anyone might pay for one. Condition is the important thing all other things being equal.
Thanks for your help