Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Part Breakdown

IdleUp ยท 2009-01-18 09:41

I've had a few guys tell me there's a part breakdown for Cat machines online - more specific for me; 939C / D5G. The site is provided by Cat for part ordering. Anyone know of these links? Thanks

Replies14
  1. #1Haul-Pak2009-01-18 16:52

    The only one I know of is The Official CAT SIS Webpage's. Go on Ebay and look for the Proper Book's ...

  2. #2surfer-joe2009-01-18 16:56

    Cat does offer parts listings on-line, if you subscribe to the service. Not worth it for a small operator. Suggestion was made to get a parts manual and that's probably best. I don't know if Cat offer micro-fiche anymore. But that would be expensive too.

  3. #3dist32009-01-18 18:35

    We are set up with parts online thru our dealer. The online parts breakdowns are continually updated. Helps out when parts books delivered with machine has s/n descrepencies. I beleive our service and parts salesperson set it up.

  4. #4cregadkins2009-01-19 08:59

    Ask your local Cat dealer to set you up with "PartStore" on line. Free service, latest, greatest parts information.

  5. #5metman332009-01-19 09:17

    It helps the Cat dealer from having to look up the parts for you. And you can make sure you get what you want. Only downfall, is the cat drawings are hard to read sometimes. If you order the wrong part, RESTOCKING FEEEEEEEEEEE!

  6. #6D6c10K2009-01-19 22:22

    I use the "Parts Store" quit a bit and it works well...you can save model/ser. no. info for your machines so you don't have to enter it each time. The diagrams are scans from the manuals and can be a little hard to read sometimes. If I can't read them I just save the pic to my PC and open it with another program that allows me to size them up a little for better viewing. I've returned a few parts and haven't been charged a restocking fee yet...but they weren't particularly expensive parts either.

  7. #7IdleUp2009-01-20 07:30

    Will do - Many Thanks!

  8. #8tripletree2009-01-20 23:28

    Depending on your dealer Cat SiS will not only let you look up parts but has options for service information, similar parts search pip's. We own and rent a lot of different equipment threw out a year and having the on line parts books cuts down on parts book costs. John deere also has a similar system that I just signed up for have only used it once so far but seem to be good. Cat some times does not call thing what we do in the real world ie dip stick in sis is a level gauge not sure the exact term they used but I spent over an hour trying to find a dip stick for a d6r

  9. #9IdleUp2009-01-21 07:52

    What is the "free" service entail? Thanks

  10. #10catskinnerd11r2009-01-31 22:42

    For most dealers, parts store is free, but SIS Web is an annual fee.

  11. #11billyclaymyers2009-02-01 21:12

    Need Help with D7F Cannot make my own post I have a D7F that has a problem with o-rings around the diesel injectors. I have pictures and better descriptions but cannot make a new post. The machine has been blowing the o-rings on the right hand side of the engine allowing water to escape upward. There is not water in the oil. The orings have been replaced since it happened the first time. The old ones were HARD BLACK RUBBER. The new ones are SOFT RED RUBBER. Could the Radiator not be cooling right and causing the issue? I need all the help I can get here. I have images and could email them to someone who could post them.. [email protected]

  12. #12CarterKraft2009-02-04 12:24

    around the precombustion adapters or the injectors. check for erosion around the sealing surfaces.

  13. #13John C.2009-02-04 20:37

    billyclaymiers, Do you have a precup engine or a direct injection engine? I don't know how you would get coolant from those places without having something being broke.

  14. #14ggalvan2009-02-06 13:05

    ggalvan, i have an L-70e volvo loader with hyd. problem... the loader arm, and tilt , will drift down on its own. were should i look for a valve or problem causing this to happen.