Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Rega Excavators

CascadeScaper ยท 2005-04-15 20:03

Okay guys, in my quest for an excavator, I've been all over a bunch of used equipment sites. I've seen these so called Cat "Rega" excavators for a while now, I just have no idea what the Rega means. Some Cat excavators (308CCR, 312B, 315B) have Rega posted on the side and some do not, what does this mean? Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1digger242j2005-04-15 22:10

    I put "rega" in google, in combination with other terms like Cat, and excavator. While I wasn't able to find anything that described exactly what is meant by "rega" it seems to be a line of excavators built by "Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi". My guess would be that if you see "Rega" on an Cat excavator, then it is a member of a family of machines manufactured overseas. Just a guess...

  2. #2Cat4202005-04-15 22:16

    Here's what I found on Cat's annual report under subsidiaries,"Rega Kyushu Co., Ltd. Japan". I would assume that the "rega" means that those excavators are made in/for another country. I could be completely wrong on this, but it was all I could find. edit looks like I'm just a second too slow

  3. #3digger242j2005-04-17 12:25

    Either that, or it might be a line of Caribbean machines. The radios only play music by Bob Marley and the excavators...

  4. #4GeoffD2005-04-17 22:25

    It is a Gray market machine. Here is the downside, parts and service manuals are only in Japanese no english version. Most parts are available from Cat, however they are not as easy to get. Geoff

  5. #5CEwriter2005-04-18 11:16

    Note on this page from Cat's Web site about Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi that the joint venture recently introduced the Rega C line to Japan. http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=37548&x=7 More information about Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi -- owned 50/50 by Caterpillar and Mitsubishi http://www.scm.co.jp/english/profile/outline/index.html L

  6. #6xupt21cg2011-10-12 22:07

    REGA....simply means that its a Cat Excavator that assemblied for the Domestic Japanese market, was never intended for export. They are spec'd different to Export Models. Parts book/Service Manuals are in Japanese - Part numbers are in English. Parts can be supplied from any Cat Dealer easily.