Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat scraper in greasy clay stuck

doncampbell ยท 2009-02-11 10:45

Here is a video I took as I watched the guys try to get work done before more rain hit the sight the next day . The scrapers and dozers were making very little progress. Even though I don't own or operate equipment, I could see the abuse the mud was putting on the machinery. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLT1hinX6K0

Replies9
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2009-02-12 01:43

    Wow... that is pretttttty stuck! (Even though it doesn't appear to be too deep.)

  2. #2doncampbell2009-02-12 06:21

    I got pictures of me standing in the ruts , they looked deep almost to my waist!! ha,ha,

  3. #3Buckethead2009-02-12 08:27

    This is a situation where crawler tractor and pan setups like McAninch's excel.

  4. #4doncampbell2009-02-12 10:08

    These guys should not have even started a machine the day we were there , you could sink in to your knees just walking through that mess. I'm very glad they were working that day because I had a awesome day running all those machines on the high ground.

  5. #5Frenchy2009-03-02 00:51

    A similar situation happen to me in 2007 on my 657G. I get stuck in the mud after a rainy day and my foreman send a D10R to push me out there and the D10 stuck him self. Pretty ackward situation...trust me . 5 57's needed to pull me out the mud and 8 57's needed for the D10. Frenchy

  6. #6657bsplitter2009-03-04 14:31

    13 657s That is 26 caterpillar engines all together hope the mechanic or the owner was not watching

  7. #7Frenchy2009-03-04 15:14

    Not 13 buggys together! 5 57's for me first and only 3 more (include me) = 8 57's for the D10 after. I've seen the owner only once in 2 seasons...and our mechanics stay in the lay down area all day long waiting for trouble. Frenchy:canada

  8. #8657bsplitter2009-03-05 01:00

    I know just a little humor hee hee you must have needed a snorkel if a 10 could not push you out

  9. #9Frenchy2009-03-05 17:45

    Yeah.....57's submarine version. You have 2 propeller beside the beaver tail. Good to cut in a swomp Frenchy:canada