Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat sis 2011a

JGS Parts ยท 2012-04-24 07:57

Hey guys i am in the middle of deciding weather or not to buy the cat SIS program and set it up anyone here have it or use it also dose it work on Windows 7? anyone know? thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2012-04-24 12:01

    We are still using Windows XP Pro, but talking to other users there are PC's around my neck of the woods using SIS on DVD and Windows 7 operating system with no problems.

  2. #2johndeere1232012-04-24 19:35

    If you've never used this program it can be tricky to get the hang of.

  3. #3Nige2012-04-25 09:21

    How so..? It's more intuitive than any other manufacturer's programs, certainly the ones I've come across.

  4. #4dieseltruck2012-07-21 23:09

    hello I have cat 2011B system available that is interested my e [email protected] agregme

  5. #5Coondog2012-07-27 07:24

    Having cat SIS makes an enormous difference in the amount of time or money one can spend on a broken down machine. Sometimes it can pay for itself all in one breakdown, but will definitely pay for itself over a couple. I believe in it full heartedly. I have the DVD version of it. It leaves a little to be desired because you never have the right disc in it, and updates come in the mail as long as you pay your subscription fees. I have had the Internet subscription as well,but I also had to purchase cat ET because we bought a bunch of new H series. Loaders about 5 years back and ET is a must with these. I have no cell service in the pit so an air card won't work well. If you do end up with the DVD version, which I prefer now,because it works everywhere, you can buy the subscription for a year and then just not pay for it again until you have issues. I have gone about three years now. If you have a problem and have to call in for help then they might make you pay again. Depends on who you know at your cat house. I believe the fee is yearly and with the Internet version we hd to pay it yearly or they cut us off. Good luck,and if you have more than 5 cat machines, buy it. It will save you money for sure.