Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat SS Dozer Blade help

ejb17 · 2013-05-17 20:05

I picked up a 79" CAT 6 way dozer blade to go on the front of my Komatsu SK820-5N. We get it hooked up and find that PO switched the angle and tilt hoses on the electric solenoid block. No big deal other than wasted time. Does any one here have a manual on it or can give me the part number for the manual? I calle dMilton Cat and the guy thought I was talking Chinese so I gave him the serial number off the tag and he said it would take some time and he would get back to me Monday. I did not think it would be such a big deal. I just need to get the plug wired correctly and make sure I use the two solenoids properly. Thanks

Replies25
  1. #1Nige2013-05-17 20:11

    Do you have the Part/Serial Number from the tag..? Also if you have any idea what model of Cat machine it came from originally that would help. Shouldn't be too hard to track down an electrical schematic.

  2. #2ejb172013-05-17 20:27

    Yes part number is 231-5277 Serial # is PRSSDB001028 It came off a 247B originally from the writing on it in crayon

  3. #3Nige2013-05-18 08:20

    Send me a PM with your e-mail address. I think I have everything you need.

  4. #4ejb172013-05-18 09:32

    Nige, thanks. I sent the PM.

  5. #5Nige2013-05-18 09:46

    You have mail.

  6. #6ljcpwalker2014-01-20 18:36

    I've got a 92" CAT blade I'm going to attach to my New Holland. I have to make a control harness for it. Maybe you can help me out with a wiring diagram like you helped out ejb17. Part # 231-5275 Serial # PRSSDB000508 I have no idea what machine it came off of. Thanks Much!

  7. #7ljcpwalker2014-01-20 18:39

    Ejb17 do you have any pointers for getting the solenoids hooked up correctly? I'm planning on mounting a momentary two way rocker on my left handle powered by a relay with an inline fuse. Thanks for any input

  8. #8brickdr2014-04-21 17:39

    Same Issue Sir I have the same dozer blade and have a 14Pin to 9pin connector and need to know how to wire it. I am hooking it up to a Bobcat with 14 Pin ACD....just not sure of the pin out to the cat dozer blade to make it work correctly. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks Reggie

  9. #9Nige2014-04-21 19:06

    what's your blade part number - 231-5277 the same as the ones listed above..?

  10. #10brickdr2014-04-21 19:51

    Yes it is the same number Yes it is the same number

  11. #11Nige2014-04-23 07:11

    I've got what you need, just need an e-mail address to send it to.

  12. #12ScottD_Indy2014-06-01 17:02

    Nige, can you also help me with a Manual/Electrical Schematics for the Cat Dozer Blade Model 231-5277 Serial # appears to be PRSSDB000703 Thank you

  13. #13ylekyote2016-02-24 18:30

    Hi I have a CAT 6-way blade p/n 231 5275 that has a 8 pin receiver plug on it. They are marked A - H. Appears "A" may be ground (black, has "200" on it), and there are 6 pins total used. On the opposite end of the blade harness there are 6 smaller 2-pin plugs, each with a black "200" wire and the other 6 paired wires are: purple (1), green (1), blue (1), and white (1) and looks like brown (2). May I please have that schematic information as well? I'm ordering a cable to connect my New Holland tracked loader to it. I need to tell New Holland how to insert the pins into their 8 pin harness I'm ordering from their cable maker. Thanks! ps...I tried to PM Nige but the system won't let me. Perhaps because I'm new. Thanks!

  14. #14ylekyote2016-02-24 18:48

    Hi Nige do you have the wiring information for this 6-way blade and the 8-pin connector that's on it? 231 5275

  15. #15Nige2016-02-25 04:24

    I'll have to read back through this thread and see if I can dig one out. I probably saved all the information somewhere, it's just a question of remembering where I saved the information...... You can't send PM's until you have 3 posts I think. When you have sufficient posts send your email address to me on a PM, don't post it here.

  16. #16ylekyote2016-02-25 08:19

    OK thanks! I think this is my third post so I'll try PM now. I'm ordering parts this morning about 10am if you get to it by then.

  17. #17ylekyote2016-02-25 08:21

    I still can't PM you. Can you PM me? I don't know why there are such forum rules.

  18. #18Nige2016-02-25 15:10

    You have mail ...........

  19. #19ylekyote2016-02-25 20:03

    Got it. Super thanks! If anyone else has learned some things about New Holland compact track loaders I'm new to all this and learning. I've got a LT185.B turbo model, 2006 year.

  20. #20CRAFT2016-02-26 22:31

    If you are still having problems matching up your machine to the CAT attachment get ahold of Rob @ SSGenius.com ….. or SSSolutions ... Rob is also a supporter of this site ….. he will have every available harness to match or can build it to suit your needs …. or he has the Deutsch plugs to buy and build it yourself ….. then you wouldn't have to worry about the possible negative feed backs from OEM's they ALL believe that you should only buy their matching attachments for their machines …. Let us know how you make out …. cheers

  21. #21ylekyote2016-02-27 09:06

    Hi. Thanks for the lead. I emailed rob but the email address wasn't right. I tried to search him online but couldn't find him then either. Do you have another way to contact him? Thanks, c

  22. #22ylekyote2016-03-10 08:29

    Got a hold of Rob and for $186 got what I needed, and much much much easier and cheaper (vs $1600+) than the OEM expensive and time consuming addition. I'm up and running that blade. Excellent help and product from Skid Steer Solutions in Washington! Anyone know what causes a skid steer to behave like it wants to stall when I turn the angle or turn it left or right on my blade? I have high flow. Or only does this when I operate the angle or left and right options. Not up and down.

  23. #23CRAFT2016-03-15 22:44

    Your up & down are not even related to the blade that is totally the skid-steers boom and/or bucket curl functions ….. BUT as far as the angle functions that goes thru the blades hyd manifold ….now, are you running this thing with the hi-flow engaged ??? Because you don't need to …. If your hi-flow is actuated it could be trying to jam WAY to much oil thru a too small of a porting … causing the machine to overload and virtually trying to stall out the engine …… Check it out ??? … I had a JD 8875 W/hi-flow option it tried to do the same thing only its issues were within the machines spool bank … It COOKED the oil SO BAD that it Ate up the Main hyd pump …. 3-times !!! … Don't let it go that far Trust me on this one !!! $$$$$ …. the issue was never resolved, I wound up pulling the whole Hi-flow system off of the machine (but it was an OPTION … NOT a Factory installed system, added at the dealer ) … if you think its electrical issues then go back to Rob again he may have a clue as to *** is going on with your machine ….. JMHO …. Cheers !!!

  24. #24ylekyote2016-03-16 08:16

    Oh that's awesome if that's the situation...unrequired hi-flow, that I can switch to normal flow. I haven't noticed a switch to turn that off. I'll check it out. Thanks!

  25. #25ford waterstrat2026-03-03 06:10

    Hello, I wonder if anyone still has the Manual/Electrical Schematics for the Cat Dozer Blade Model 231-5277 Serial # appears to be PRSSDB000703 Thank you