Looks like the seals are out of my d6n and it does not have a master link. Cat can't come out very quick and was wondering if I could cut the link and replace it with the new master link. From what I understand it presses on much easer. Jason
I have done it several times. The pins you leave are a bear to get the rest of the link off though. I torch the center and use a cut off wheel to make a relief cut and beat them off. Be careful as you can burn the seals out of the rotating pins. Did you break the outer link or the pin bearing go out?
The track adj must be leaking as it keeps loosing track tension. Not seeing grease coming from the normal relief hole.
The new master links just slide on easily. The pad bolts pinch the links together to hold them tight. The links are slotted around the pin.
Thanks mobile tech I talk to my cat dealer and I ended up just cutting them because they would not be able to get here for a few days.