Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat tail

bobcatmechanic ยท 2008-05-06 21:21

has anyone heard of the cat tail it hooks to the front quick tach and is like a goose neck trailer one rolled into bobcat the other day on a reps trucks for them never seen it before then has a place to put the bucket forks on the front so you can hook to it and have everthing there weird design but its a good idea wondering how much they are how handy they are

Replies8
  1. #1landrvrnut222008-05-06 21:26

    http://www.cattailinfo.com/ Looks weird, I dont see a use for it, but to each their own.

  2. #2Cat287B2008-05-06 22:23

    I hardly have enough room for the attachments I have now. Don't see how I could haul that thing around. Pete

  3. #3Tri-Star2008-05-06 22:48

    I got some info on one a while back and I think the base unit was around $4k. Kinda high but it looked like there are a million uses. Just load your machine on the trailer and let the cat tail fallow behind!

  4. #4Bentworker22008-05-07 01:21

    I don't get it. It may be useful for backyard work, like swimming pool excavation and other places where you may have a hard time getting a dump truck. The problem I see with it is that you would have to dump, then work the dirt again to get it into a dump truck. Might be neat if they made some sort of piggyback thing that could empty itself into a 10 yard truck. Could be handy on a farm.

  5. #5bear2008-05-07 09:19

    Interesting idea. Notice most of the stuff being done is more in-line with farmwork. Wouldn't be bad for cleaning out the barn or those places a truck or tractor can't go or fit into. the downside to me is if the load is full and it's a good distance to the dump area pulling with a skid/ctl would be a little wastefull or counter productive didn't see an option to use another pulling machine. now if ou have a small fleet of machines like Squizzy that wouldn't be a problem. :stirthepot

  6. #6CarterKraft2008-05-13 14:17

    Did you see the PTO hookup? I wonder how much hp is available for the attachement. Might be a better way to mow acerage. The mower would be behind you.. On second read I see maximum 24 PTO Hp, hardly enough to do anything. ohwell.

  7. #7Coastal2008-05-13 23:10

    I could totally use one of those around my property (10 acres) just hauling crap around, I have a single axle dump, but it wont get out into the fields when its wet. That thing would be handy.

  8. #8choober2009-06-07 09:10

    BOBCAT I need your help bad. I have an 863G Bobcat and it stopped running suddenly. The instrument panel illuminated with the general hdro/engine warning which is ( ! ). Now it cranks over for a few seconds then locks out on the instrument panel everytime ( ! ) . I did the self diagnostic (hold the light button for few seconds) it came up NONE. I have read some of your advice on fuel problems. Does it sound like the fuel pick-up or the prime bulb?