Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat telehandler th360

wingman37 ยท 2012-12-30 09:54

I have a 2004 TH 360 that want crank with the key or go into drive .when I jump it off everything works but the drive . tell me where to look or test I have tested just everything on this thing can't find the problem.:Need help Thanks:Banghead

Replies15
  1. #1cps2012-12-30 12:14

    Did you try the ignion switch?

  2. #2powerjoke2012-12-30 12:46

    Make sure you have power to and out of the key switch, then start chasing wires checking fuses and then safety switches Does it turn off with the key? Does the work lights, dash lights etc. work ? Pj

  3. #3wingman372012-12-30 12:54

    th 360 Have power in dash lights work but no crank power out. Thanks

  4. #4wingman372012-12-30 12:56

    it turns off with the key but want crank with the key

  5. #5wingman372012-12-30 12:59

    Powers in dash lights work but want crank with key everything works when I jump start it except drive

  6. #6powerjoke2012-12-30 13:27

    Sounds more like a neutral safety switch

  7. #7wingman372012-12-30 21:43

    thanks

  8. #8powerjoke2012-12-31 09:16

    Does the backup beeper work? Im thinking the f-n-r switch may be a little goofy

  9. #9wingman372012-12-31 10:42

    no it doesn't but it want go in gear

  10. #10powerjoke2012-12-31 11:39

    Are you saying that you cannot physically move the f-n-r switch or that when you do move it nothing happens ? Either way I would trouble shoot the switch

  11. #11wingman372012-12-31 18:31

    I can move the f-n-r it but nothing happens

  12. #12powerjoke2013-01-01 02:54

    I would point my finger at it then. Diagnose it should take 2 min with a d.v.o.m. or continuity tester. If you've checked fuses it is prolly the fnr or broken or shorted to ground wire between it and the drive controller Basically what I'm saying is that a machine won't start in gear and for some reason it thinks its in gear,,,,,,,,the rest is up to you to figure out

  13. #13wingman372013-01-01 09:50

    Thanks a bunch wingman

  14. #14Per Eriksson2013-01-01 15:03

    It's computerized, have a cat tech come out and check codes with ET and go from there.

  15. #15rae_gordon2013-11-03 09:21

    Did you ever find out the problem. I have a machine with the exact same problem. We were able to start it for a while by cycling the key on and off until it would start, but that no longer works.