Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat TH406/407….Who builds them?

JCBiron · 2010-12-07 13:11

Does anyone know who is making these machines for Cat? I know they had some sort of partnership with JLG on their Lift and Place machines, but JLG doesn't make a machine like the 406/407 to my knowledge??? Just curious.

Replies6
  1. #1icestationzebra2010-12-09 00:18

    I remember hearing a story some time back about CAT farming out their telehandlers. I think it was JLG so I did some Googling. I found a TH406/407 press release, and one of the contact email addresses was [email protected] . So yes it is a JLG. ISZ

  2. #2icestationzebra2010-12-09 00:20

    I also found this on a TH406 cut-sheet. ISZ "Use only JLG approved attachments with proper material handler model/attachment load capacity charts displayed in the operator’s cab."

  3. #3Speedpup2010-12-10 10:26

    http://www.khl.com/servlet/file/AI_June_08.pdf?ITEM_ENT_ID=23532&ITEM_VERSION=4&COLLSPEC_ENT_ID=42 scroll down to 8 of 62

  4. #4Lee-online2010-12-10 16:32

    Some telehandlers are built by JLG for Cat and some models are Cat. the Cat models are a better built machine.

  5. #5Speedpup2010-12-15 09:24

    What ones does CAT build the low boom ones? I thought they bought them in UK? thanks!

  6. #6JCBiron2010-12-22 11:51

    Yeah, I knew the lift and place machines were JLG, but didn't know for sure on the ground engaging style machines.