Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat TH460B

southernman13 ยท 2013-11-29 13:22

06 model Perkins single fuel filter, ran out of fuel and I can't get it going. It has an electric fuel pump and it's pumping. If I remove the return line and run it it pump fuel. I tried opening the line coming out of the injector pump and I only have good fuel coming out of one line. I'm thinking it has air in the system but I don't know how to bleed it out. Any help would be appreciated. On line I found some info but the forklift they show has two fuel filters and a manual pump on top of one of them. For the one I have it says see other bleed info but doesn't show it.

Replies2
  1. #1PAcattech2013-11-29 14:10

    Loosen #3 and #4 injection line at the injector crank engine till fuel comes out with little air in it . have someone crank for you engine may start with lines loose. Good Luck

  2. #2southernman132013-11-29 15:41

    Bleeding Ok thanks. I was thinking of trying that but wasn't sure if it would work on these computerized engines. Which ones are 3 and 4 the top two lines