Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat transmission codes

partsandservice · 2020-07-30 19:26

Looking to diagnose the issue with first gear slippage before removing the transmission. When attempting to operate machine in first gear , it will throw the slippage code and go into limp mode with only second gear. It also has output speed sensor codes. I need to know which two modulated valves corresponds to each gear. Each valve has a pressure check port. We will get to all the codes but first we will deal with the transmission. Thanks in advance. The picture shows the trans codes as inactive but will become active under operation this picture was taken key on engine off 966M KJP

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2020-07-31 03:55

    Each gear needs a speed and a direction clutch to engage Clutch #1 – Reverse Clutch #2 – Forward Clutch #3 – 4th Speed Clutch #4 – 3rd Speed Clutch #5 - 2nd Speed Clutch #6 – 1st Speed

  2. #2partsandservice2020-07-31 12:15

    Thanks Nige, Would you happen to know which solonoid is which . I cant see any numerical marking with the cab on and old eyes. I do know that some other cat transmission I have dealt with that had the same modulated valves they were not lined up in sequence. 2 1 3 5 4 6.

  3. #3Mark2502020-07-31 19:38
  4. #4partsandservice2020-07-31 19:46

    Thanks Mark that is what I needed.