Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT vs Komatsu

mike 360* · 2009-05-12 17:37

there is a bit of friendly banter between the cat boys and the komatsu crew on my site....so i added a sticker to the 320cl that im on to stir things up for lunch time discussion!! haha!

Replies14
  1. #1Danial Doherty2009-05-12 17:40

    hahahaha! that should get a few remarks!

  2. #2Chris917862009-05-12 19:54

    I want one lol

  3. #3Tigerotor77W2009-05-13 00:11

    Where'd you get the sticker?

  4. #4CabbageThe12009-05-13 10:41

    You can have them made, or you can improvise I have a pirate sicker I still have to put on our excavator...just havent had it with me.. But thats pretty funny! If there is any blood shed get pics

  5. #5mike 360*2009-05-13 14:59

    i bought all the stickers indivdually off ebay, didnt cost that much, like £1.50 each, after seeing a similar setup on a john deere tractor, the owner there had the deere logo pissing over a case logo! haha!

  6. #6Demo Guy2009-05-15 08:15

    I've been reading posts on this site for a couple of years now but I had to join when i saw this...we have lots of time to put stickers on our Cat equipment normally because they are parked while the Komatsus do the heavy work.....lol.

  7. #7reddot5562009-05-15 11:21

    having used to run the ol' cat 235's and 225's and until 6 years ago the 350's. i now run only komatsu's..unless the cats have improved greatly since then i think the komatsu's are the better machine..that being said, i have not run any newer cats so i guess i can't say for sure..hows that for a politically correct statement?:drinkup

  8. #8stock2009-05-15 17:32

    Give me a kommie over a pusheen only when all the jcb's are no longer available.See New holland are using a cat motor in some items now. Stock

  9. #9iron kid2009-05-15 18:55

    komastu just picked up my first komastu d 61 ex 2006 feels like it has a lot more push power than our cat but i here parts can be a pain to get

  10. #10Savage2009-05-15 22:05

    I would have to agree Demo Guy.:drinkup

  11. #11special tool2009-05-16 07:42

    :lmao

  12. #12JoeS19892009-05-16 11:20

    Thing is though its the wrong way round! Komatsu run rings round cats!

  13. #13dirtyducks2009-05-16 21:32

    Cat loyalty here.Its not just the machine its the whole package.Sales ,service and dependability.New machines are really close in there performance,operators are the biggest difference in production.

  14. #14KAC=CATeater2009-05-22 21:17

    Its funny those of you who say the cats sit while the komatsus do the work. Im a field tech for kac and that is what MANY customers say (WA600s, D65s, D155s, exc)... I dont run either of them for a living so I dont really have an opinion, but I do enjoy working on my KACs.