Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT259D left speed sensor

Colney · 2024-04-04 20:31

Anyone ever had an issue getting the left drive speed sensor on a 2018 CAT 259D off? I have tried everything. I have the bolt off but can not get the sensor to come out.

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-04-04 21:00

    Do you have the frame off the machine or are you trying to reach in behind

  2. #2Colney2024-04-04 21:42

    I am reaching behind. I can turn it a 1/8 of a turn left or right. Makes no sense why it isn’t coming out. I’ve put Chanel locks/vise grips wiggle back and forth and still won’t come.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2024-04-04 21:47

    Just have to pull on it harder. If it's turning it will come. If I'm remembering correctly the oring is a quarter inch or so down the shaft of the sensor not right on the top. It allows a bit of rust to form for you to drag the oring over

  4. #4Colney2024-04-05 08:25

    Do you think it would be fine to heat it up?

  5. #5Tyler d4c2024-04-05 08:53

    I would not