I e got a 320Cl PAB00732 I believe. Monitor isn't working. Don't even power up. I was checking for power to it. Can anyone tell me which is power wire and which is ground if it has a ground in the harness. Thanks
103 Red is power. 201 Black is ground.
Ok that's what I thought but didn't want to burn something up. Also is this 12 or 24 volts. Thank you sir
24 volts
Ok thanks again. I saw on the buzzer inside monitor it was 24V. I put 24V to it from an external source and it doesn't come on. I checked continuity on the wires into the monitor and they're good. I guess it's damaged. Can they be repaired or just replaced. Any idea on where to get the best price/service on it. I'm in SW Georgia. Thanks again
Also I see a blue and a grey wire in the harness that isn't inserted into the plug on either end of this harness. They look like they have been cut off and there no pins in the plugs with pieces of these wires hanging out. But there is tape on each end of this harness wrapped around the cord. It looks like it's been tampered with but not sure. Maybe theses two wires are for an option and not needed? Please advise. Thanks again
should be 6 wires in the harness that actually connect to the monitor, however the connector plugs are 8 pin. You should have: - Pin #1 - 103 red (live power) Pin #2 - 201 black (ground) Pin #3 - 169 Pink (accessories) Pin #4 - empty (used as Batt + instead of Pin #1 when the monitor is supplied with 12V) Pin #5 - 893 Green (Cat Datalink +) Pin #6 - 892 Brown (Cat Datalink -) Pin #7 - 607 Pink (panel lights) Pin #8 - empty The wires 892/893 should be in the form of a "twisted pair" to avoid signal contamination over the CDL from other power sources. They come up on places like eBay from time to time. The Part Number I have listed for it is 157-3198. There is also a newer number - 260-2160 which replaces the other one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Caterpillar...ator-display-panel-CAT-157-3198-/252010854884
You will need 24v on the 169 pink wire pin 3 when the key is on also. The 103 is live power not keyed. There is a fuse for the 169 pink 5 amp labeled backup/ monitor
Will it power up without power to the pink wire. I put 24V to the red and grounded the black and no have no response
The 169 pink wire is what turns the monitor on when you turn on the key so yes you need 24 v on both the 103 and 169 wire to see the display come on.
Ok great I'll give it a try. Thanks to Yall for the help
Tadaa! I did the red black pink combo and it lit up like it should. Now where do I start looking on the machine for the problem. I had already checked the fuse earlier for the monitor back up and it was good. Where should I go from here. Thanks
Tadaa! I did the red black pink combo and it lit up like it should. Now where do I start looking on the machine for the problem. I had already checked the fuse earlier for the monitor back up and it was good. Where should I go from here. Thanks
The red wire is permanent 24V so long as the battery Master Switch is closed. The 24V on 169 Pink I am thinking comes somehow from the ignition key switch. I could be wrong there though. Would you like the Electrical Schematic for the machine..? If so please send me a PM with your email address.
Which wire is not getting power at the connector, is it pin 1, pin 3, or is the pin 2 not grounded? Would seem to be the only three possible issues, except for a bad connection between the plug and the monitor.
Start by testing the supply harness coming to the monitor. With the key on check for 24v power at terminal 1 and 3 and ground on terminal 2. The key powers the main relay in the main power box behind the cab. The main relay powers all the key on fuses including the monitor. Does everything else in the cab work like heater and radio?
Not sure I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I was curious where to look beyond the connector if I'm not getting proper readings